1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

[Bugtracker] Official X8-H PLUS 006A FW

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 006 firmware via MINIX FOTA' started by MINIX - Ken, Jul 7, 2015.

1. von

von Member

I'm having this same issue as well. Streaming video files off the net through various addons which support fast forward and rewind, full cache or not... Image simply freezes and i have to stop playback and restart from the beginning, very frustrating. It even persists in the Youtube addon. Pause and unpause works though.

Edit: Weird... Using kodi now and seems the issue has disappeared. Probably fixed in 15.1 update. Anyway, disregard the above as I can fast forward, rewind or jump to a specific time during playback.
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  2. ntux

ntux New Member

Hi,

I think I'm having an issue with Miracast on my X8-H Plus running 006 (unrooted). I have a OnePlus One smartphone running 5.1.1 (CM12.1 nightly, but I have the same issue running OxygenOS which is 5.0.2), and I am trying to cast the screen using miracast.

When I connect using wifi on the minix, miracast works relatively well (some lag sometimes and some refresh delays, but it's usable and to be expected). But as the minix box is next to my router and used all day streaming tv or other video streams, I connect it using ethernet to save precious wifi bandwidth (and limit emf radiations). I know miracast needs wifi, so I leave wifi on but not connected on the minix, and that's where the issue occurs.
    On the phone, I can't find the minix during scan, except a for few seconds if I initiate a scan also on the minix. If I try to pair during that time, I have a message on the minix saying it tries to establish connection with the phone, but it fails (doesn't say why, it seems to drop connection after timeout).

Could you have a look ? I know miracast needs wifi, but according to the specs I don't think both devices need to be connected on the same network using wifi.

Thanks a lot!
  3. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member

that is normal behavior for 5.1DD and DTS audio contained within video i believe
  4. von

von Member

I see... Though I doubt it's just those type of files. I'll recheck and confirm later if it applies to all audio sources and or just kodi alone.
  5. Frederick_99

i think you will find it is, in Kodi at least
  6. von

von Member

After testing... Found out that the static noise doesn't occur while playing local files using the 4K or MX Player. However, on Kodi 15.1, it still happens regardless of type of audio being played, even aac encoded files, YouTube, live TV streaming etc. Once volume drops below full, static....
  7. Frederick_99

more than likely an issue with kodi 15.1 then, try spmc 14.2, works fine for me in the way i have described
  8. Arin

Arin New Member

I have no idea. Anyway there was an update out for kodi 15.2 for android which solved the problem for me with fast forward. So anyone else have that issue upgrade 15.1 to kodi 15.2 on android and it should fix the issue.
  9. Arin

Arin New Member

for me to after an kodi 15.1 to 15.2 upgrade
  10. TheSeba

TheSeba Member

Hi any news with FW 007 ?
  11. Mogli

Mogli New Member

I have a issue with a intermittent screen flicker - its pink, mainly seen when navigating menus and apps, rarely seen during playback but periodically I do get a pink overlay on top of content (from within XBMC).

The pink overlay can be resolved by stopping and starting playback so that's not a major problem, but the screen flickering is annoying.

Running the latest version of firmware - any ideas?
  12. TheSeba

TheSeba Member

I have the same problem, but With FW 006 is is better, I have it on Panasonic TV. It is not always present...
  13. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Stating you are running the latest firmware isn't helpful. It's more helpful to provide the build number/date. Latest firmware changes all the time, build dates don't.
    Having said that I would first check your HDMI cables/ports.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
  14. TheSeba

TheSeba Member

I try to replaced 3 brands HDMI cables, situation is the same. But I noticed If I select different SCAN it helps to reduce flickering.
  15. Mogli

Mogli New Member

I too have a Panasonic tv

Sure - to clarify:

Build number - KOT49H.20150708 release-keys

I have tried multiple cables, HDMI ports - tested with other sources, all good. Its just the Minix that exhibits this particular issue, also the Minix connected directly to the TV.
  16. TheSeba

TheSeba Member

I upgrade to last firmware fresh install at the moment can not give you build number. I have test Minix x7 OK, raspberry pi 1 and 2 OK, Minix X8 and X8 plus not OK. It is connected to samsung sound bar. I think I try connect directly to TV and it was the same situation, but I don't remember 100%, I really try a lot :)

PS: Ken actually bought Panasonic TV and same Samsung bar, like I have it and save situation with CEC power on ( VIERA Link ).
  17. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

We are testing it.
    Should be released quite soon~
    Dr Goodvibes likes this.
  18. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

New Kodi is assuming you don't change the system volume when using passthrough,
    it assumes you to alter the volume via the AVR.

We shall lock the ability to adjust system volume while passthrough mode is in use @ firmware 007,
    it's a better approach to avoid confusion.
  19. von

von Member

I'd upgrade but there's no official 15.2 update up for download either off Kodi's website downloads page or from the PlayStore. Where can I get it? Though, I can fast forward and jump properly now.

Yeah, i believe it is. I tested the same on the pre-installed minix version and it throws up a notice that passthrough is enabled. That would be much better rather than experiencing the static noise.
  20. Jeffers24

Jeffers24 Active Member

May have been released overnight at usual link below, scroll down past the 15.1 info to get to 15.2

http://kodi.tv/download/
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2015