1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

[Bugtracker] Official X8-H PLUS 008/008A FW

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 008 firmware via MINIX FOTA' started by MINIX - Ken, Jan 2, 2016.

1. kingdingaling

kingdingaling Member

Hey there,

i did a clean install of 008a and my wifi will connect but drops after a while and then wont reconnect without a restart of the box.
    how can i troubleshoot this if i've already done a clean install of 008a?
  2. Slaventiy

Slaventiy Member

Ken
    Current uptime on tv box 9 days, and i have problem - "Self-adaptive refresh rate switching" do not switch hz (HW decoder) on mx player (iptv, avi, mkv, etс). If i reboot tv box, everything will be ok, but after some time
    i have same situation again. This feature very important for me.
    I don't know, maybe android task killer kill something.. maybe another reason..
    How i can help to you with this bug? Maybe you have special tool for catch this action?
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  3. Huey

Huey New Member

Current up-to-date version of Play Store is now 6.3.15. I've not been asked to accept Google's terms on this or the previous version you plan on fixing except after the initial update, which is normal behaviour. I do have cash in my Google Wallet so maybe that's helped prevent further requests as it confirms my identity is real but I don't want a fix for a problem I don't have for an old Play Store I updated from about a week ago. I'd rather skip the next ROM as I have no problems with FW008A. I wonder if people are having problems with genuine licensed apps they paid for via Play Store or cracked pro versions that can be found all over the web? I'll confess I used to run a freely downloaded version of Titanium Backup Pro on all my Androids and it worked to an extent before falsely reporting I was out of system space which meant I couldn't restore any system apps and eventually had to reflash each device. Finally bought the real deal and have never had that problem again.

Obviously I'm rooted which Google must realize too but they have no issue with sending me almost daily surveys on Google Rewards app and paying me for 3 clicks of a mouse so I see no reason to meddle with the Play Store which will probably be updated yet again before Minix release their next firmware update to fix a deprecated Store version. If anyone was gonna have problems with some critical apps it would be those who have rooted yet the only bug I've found is that rebooting using the power-button app can take ages or get permanently stuck. That was fixed by installing another much newer reboot app from the Play Store which reboots in a fraction of the time it takes the inbuilt app. Oh and as mentioned above the WiFi connection is weaker than previous firmwares but I use ethernet so I'm not too fussed about that either.
  4. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

I think, possibly, that the bug may be that one shouldn't have these other Play Store Build versions!
    Is that correct @MINIX - Ken ?

Play Store Build Versions that I have and all say "Google Play Store is up to date"...

X8-H Plus Android 4.4.2 Kernal 3.10.33 Play Store 6.0.5
    X7 Android 4.4.2 Kernal 3.0.36+ Play Store 6.2.14.A-all [0] 2669694
    U1 Android 5.1.1 Kernal 3.14.29 Play Store 6.0.5
    Qilive 8QC 4.2.2 Kernal 3.0.36 Play Store 6.2.14.A-all [0] 2669694
    Archos 80 Android 4.0.4 Play Store 6.0.5

I don't have a clue why different devices have different Play Store Build versions? o_O
  5. Huey

Huey New Member

Except it isn't a problem at all to me or to Google considering they installed it on my box by way of 2 updates in the past 2-3 weeks. Tbh I can't notice any difference from one Play Store to the next but that's what they've updated me to. Considering the number of phones and Chromebooks I've bought from them and how many apps on each of them I think I should be on Play Store v10-deluxe by now! lol I know I modified my build prop a while ago to get 1080p videos on YouTube and some other values but nothing to disguise that I have a Minix X8-H Plus, more like tinkering with values that speed up the machine, inserting a large hosts file that blocks so much crap it makes a hell of a difference in browsing-speed and streaming quality on Kodi, and when I noticed the weak WiFi signal problem I changed it from polling every 15 seconds to the router for a reply to a much longer gap between polls and that made quite a difference.

It's like any major worldwide manufacturer - they roll out updates to a small percentage of people first and if there's not too many bugs and complaints they'll roll out it out to a few million more customers and eventually everyone should end up on the same build with the same stock app versions after a month or two. My OnePlus phone usually gets an update about 2 months after the initial OTA release goes public because I can't flash the OTA's with TWRP recovery, you need stock ROM in place, so I have to wait on the entire ROM being put on Cyanogen's site and that takes a while. And my Samsung Galaxy Nexus tells me its up to date when it's running Jelly Bean even though it should have been updated to KK 4.4.4 officially before support was dropped for it. Doesn't matter as I have it running Lollipop 5.1.1 just now although the battery doesn't like it at all so I'll gladly install KK on it like it should have got and it doesn't matter what Play Store the Gapps.zip gives me as the apps are the same no matter what, just a different layout and a bigger games/entertainment section in the latest ones but I don't use them much.

By far the best tweak for the Minix X8-H Plus is root + Adaway and initially after rooting using a firewall or Wireshark to find out what apps are calling home or sending your details to malware-ridden sites in China and blocking them all using the hosts file which Adaway will keep updated with its own lists all merged into one. I don't have to use adblocking add-ons on any browser and I don't get Googleads in free apps from the store or any Airpush pop-ups for minimal effort and barely any load on the CPU. There's no value in patching the Store to me. I'd probably lose genuine purchases and most pro-version apps are just ones without ads and I've already got that covered. :)
    sangaz and Villa like this.
  6. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

FW009 will be released next week, confirmed!

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk
    midnight, georgik_222, sangaz and 4 others like this.
  7. MINIX - Ken

I forgot to ask you, which movie player did you use with the above issues?
    MX Player? Any others?
  8. leonid_us

leonid_us New Member

I model my consoles: Minix Neo X8-H Plus

[Mod edit: Moved your posts to correct forum]
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2016
  9. Slaventiy

Slaventiy Member

MX Player 1.7.34
    I try to check BSPlayer (HW), but same situations.
  10. MINIX - Ken

Hi Slaventiy, we do want to copy this problem, but we need to know how.
    We shall keep trying.
    Slaventiy likes this.
  11. Slaventiy

Slaventiy Member

I don't know, how i can help repeat for this problem :(
  12. MINIX - Ken

MX Player could switch fps according to video source?
    I don't realize that it could...
    I tested with V1.7.40, it doesn't switch.

Now looping with system video player (4K video player) overnight to see if it could happen or not.
  13. Slaventiy

Slaventiy Member

Try V1.7.34 (could switch fps according to video source), because V1.7.40 very bad play video in HW (most video play with SW decoder).
    4K video player same situations with MX Player 1.7.34
  14. MINIX - Ken

What do you mean by same situations? High CPU usage?
    After one night, it's still normal.

(Just tried V1.7.34, it doesn't switch also?)
  15. Slaventiy

Slaventiy Member

Yes, high CPU usage and sometimes framerate don't switch hz
    Try watch movie, try watch IPTV (multicast, hls, etc) and check CPU usage "mediaserver" after close MX Player

V1.7.34 sometimes switch (HW), sometimes don't switch (HW) = same file or same iptv channel
  16. atomizasser

atomizasser New Member

Hi good news, but "next week" is this week heheheh. Do you know what
    Will it be based on Lollipop? With android 5.1.1 we will have new features in old hardware like Wetek core, (an S812-H and with lollipop) which it has new options like DTS-HD, TrueHD, Atmos passthrough, better support in Kodi ...
    thanks
  17. setopboxer

setopboxer Member

there will be no Lollipop for this device. Period.
  18. setopboxer

setopboxer Member

Dear Ken.. is this coming? I'm really tired of the hang on awake issue.
  19. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

20. setopboxer

setopboxer Member

hur hur, one more week :)