1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

[Bugtracker] Official X8-H PLUS 009 FW

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 009 firmware via MINIX FOTA' started by MINIX - Ken, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Andrey Hohutkin

Andrey Hohutkin New Member

I have a problem with a video. It stutters twice on small sample I attach.
    1. A rope goes through clouds (19th second)
    2. "Dreamwork" title is moving away (25th second)

It is very short video ~30 seconds length.
    I tried to change everything, all players, all modes, HW, HW+, vary TV sets, HDMI cables, full wipe, previous firmware versions - nothing helps.
    It stutters at the same places every time.

On PC, another box (not Minix) it plays perfectly.

Last hope here.
    https<remove>://yadi.sk/d/A2A5S6Gntjnen

P.S. It is reproduced on another Neo X8H+, so this behavior can be interpreted as a bug.
    P.P.S. Does somebody read me?
    P.P.P.S. For my regret, I see that a lot of movies with a high bitrate have this problem. It is not a problem of one file! It is a common problem of Amlogic+Mali-450 or buggy hardware codec. I have another noname box with the same hardware and it stutters exactly on the same files in the same places!
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  2. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

We are going to release an update on September to fix the VC-1 playback issue, plus a few other problems.

Please kindly note.

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk
    zimist and erfan like this.
  3. fado5

fado5 New Member

Sound dropping out still a problem, drops out on kodi, sbmc, YouTube at random times for a second or 2, was never a problem before update a few weeks ago. Seems to happen more when the box is on for a long period of time but still happens within a few minutes of startup. Nothing special about my setup, Minix connected to Panasonic plasma TV via HDMI with 2ch AV lead from TV to hi-fi.
  4. Spellbound

Spellbound Member

We get dropouts too on XBMC and we're on the latest OTA firmware (KOT49H.20160829)

I find it's worse if I'm ftp transferring some files to the box.
  5. Ironman

Ironman New Member

I'm also getting the sound drop issue.
    Seems to be better with latest version
    From 29.08.16. But still happenz. Problem is observed in every application
  6. bcbabloo86

bcbabloo86 New Member

I am seeing the sound dropout issue on spotify and youtube after upgrading the firwmare to KOT49H.20160328.
    I also noticed youtube video sometimes will go into slow motion for 3 secs and then resume normally.
  7. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

8. Ironman

Ironman New Member

I wanted to offer some more details.
    I've read around and already tried various solutions offered for this problem:
    1. Changed HDMI cables
    2. Switched audio output mode: PCM/HDMI passthrough
    3. Changed resolution settings to 720p
    4. Turned off notification sound
    5. Disabled the minix metro launcher

I thought the new version will be my savior but I still get the drops every now and then (much less frequent)

In my opinion this has something to do with CPU dealing with other tasks. Most of the time when I run CPU intensive actions, I get more drops.
  9. fado5

fado5 New Member

I usually run nothing but kodi and still have the sound drop out. No other apps open. All 5 of ironmans fixes tried, sound still dropping out
    Jani likes this.
  10. Jani

Jani New Member

Audio dropsuot even in games some times. So I don't think it's Kodi/SPMC/XBMC.
  11. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Active Member

haha, you confessed about this game after a long time, i talked about this earlier but you don't look at the issue.
  12. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Confessed? I was explaining why it isn't working and how to make it works...
  13. fado5

fado5 New Member

Anyone try the new September update? Is the sound drop still an issue? No point upgrading since that is my only real issue and it only became an issue after I upgraded from whatever the box was shipped with
  14. Spellbound

Spellbound Member

I had to look and see if there was another update since the one I mentioned in post 84

As per my post yes we still get drop-outs and we are on the latest firmware.
  15. fado5

fado5 New Member

16. Spellbound

Spellbound Member

fado5 likes this.
  17. natzen

natzen New Member

hi , you can patch hls streaming ? with firmware 004 french orange tv works and with 005 and all other firmware after not work ...
  18. gsaronni

gsaronni New Member

I have the latest firmware KOT49H.20160829 and sound drops out are usual with Kodi, Spotify or Youtube or playing a MKV video with MX player. I dont know what to do, maybe I will reinstall the firmware cleaning cache, this is not the first time I do that
  19. Jani

Jani New Member

@gsaronni clear cache won't work. Only wipe all data and reset. After that don't update applications on your Minix if they work fine.
  20. gsaronni

gsaronni New Member

Thanks, I will do that when I have a couple of hours to configure Kodi again. Or wait to the Lollipop upgrade, I read they are working on it

BTW, my Minix worked fine with 009 FW, I installed this with wipe all data and reset. Later I upgraded via OTA to the latest FW and the drops again returned to my Minix. I think there is a problem with the upgrades, I will try not upgrading never more(except Lollipop if it arrives finally)