1. Official MINIX forum

[Bugtracker] Official X8/X8PLUS/X8-H 004A FW

Discussion in 'X8, X8 Plus, X8-H Official Firmware 004' started by MINIX - Ken, Apr 24, 2015.

1. wlighter

wlighter Member

i notice while in xbmc is playing a movie for example and i receive an android notification with sound. the loud corrupted static noise erupt for a few second. I suspect it was a failure to mix the movie and the android notification sound together that cause this.
  2. xxaa

xxaa New Member

my mac address still change every time i on ..only changed back to original when i use LAN cable.. please help
  3. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

I don't think it has anything to do with our firmware or firmware updates.
  4. MINIX - Ken

do you mean changing back to old firmware is OK?
  5. MINIX - Ken

notification sound = PCM
    Passthrough = uncompressed audio

I don't think they can be mixed.
  6. Sm4sh

Sm4sh Member

I think the sync problems are worse.... Cuts all the time !!!
  7. MINIX - Ken

have you tried another cable? "cut" is not a sync issue, more like a signal issue.
    anyway, we will be pushing the 005 update within one week which contains the new sync algorithm, it's a 100% correctly done and will have no more rooms for improvement, it's like the "ultimate" solution.
    yc1437, danfozzy, Sm4sh and 1 other person like this.
  8. Ravendark

Ravendark Member

Regarding sync issues or stuttering...

I found out when I installed SetCPU, that the max CPU frequency was set to 1.6Ghz (can go to 2.Ghz) but the lowest was set to 96Mhz...
    I raised them both, max to 2Ghz and min to 500MHz and the stuttering issues on some movies are gone... helps audio sync too when fast skipping...
  9. MINIX - Ken

it's not related to CPU speed.
    danfozzy likes this.
  10. Sm4sh

Sm4sh Member

Thank you for the reply Ken.
    No, I don't have another cable, but I've never had these problems before the Minix and the audio cuts were less frequent with FW002 for exemple. I have an old Panasonic Viera (LCD Full HD).
    Yesterday, the audio problems were so "unbearable" that I started to tweak some things. Actually, when I turned the autoframe rate off, the problem was almost resolved. I don't if this was related with this video specifically or something else.
    I think I'll have to wait the 005FW. :unsure:
  11. MINIX - Ken

yes please, we have uploaded the new firmware, will release it on next week when our testing is complete, thanks.
  12. kendub

kendub Member

I think I'll have to wait the 005FW. :unsure:
    yes please, we have uploaded the new firmware, will release it on next week when our testing is complete, thanks.

Is 005FW , going to be a full wipe, or FOTA, to FD004
  13. danfozzy

danfozzy Member

I know people don't like using the burn tool, but it is by far the best method to use with such big updates to system files.

With the rewrite of the sync algorithm I wouldn't even chance FOTA as there's a big chance that you will run into problems as people have done in the past, which ultimately results in a factory reset.
    MINIX - Ken likes this.
  14. MINIX - Ken

thank you for your understanding.
  15. iliass

iliass New Member

You're doing some impressive work Ken, thank you very much !

I'm still on 003FW, i'll be waiting for the 005FW since the one thing that bothers me the most is the audio sync with XBMC, it becomes really annoying with some downloaded 1080p youtube videos ... or when you navigate in any video.
    Hope it's fixed in the next FW.

P.S: I didn't know either about the self-adaptive refresh rate, it's annoying with the youtube app. Now, i'll disable it.
  16. MINIX - Ken

It is coming next week.
    We've uploaded it already.
    Stay tuned~
    damca likes this.
  17. viktor

viktor New Member

Did you get a chance to look at the problem with the Livestream app I posted about? I believe it is the same app that was supposedly fixed previously (I went straight from FW 02 to 04). But at least for me it still only plays audio. Instead of the video stream there's just a black screen.
    Would love to see this fixed in FW 005.
    If audio sync is also fixed as suggested then that would be my ultimate firmware version.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.livestream.livestream
    My "region" is Sweden, I suppose.
  18. MINIX - Ken

Yes the problem has been reported to amlogic and they are looking into it but it wouldn't be able to catch up the update schedule as the firmware has been done already. we have greater interests to serve. please understand.
    as long as we have FOTA the coming fix will be easy.
  19. viktor

viktor New Member

OK, as long as it gets looked at. Thanks.
    MINIX - Ken likes this.
  20. Mtr77

Mtr77 New Member

Great work minix team and support from user base we make it a fantastic device