1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

[Bugtracker] Official X8/X8PLUS/X8-H 006 FW

Discussion in 'X8, X8 Plus, X8-H Official Firmware 006' started by MINIX - Ken, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Gooner05

Gooner05 New Member

2. WilfredG

WilfredG Member

XBMC has passthrough not selected by default, so it will decode it. That's why XBMC has volume level control. When XBMC is set to passthrough you get the same 'problem'.
    MINIX - Ken and Reza like this.
  3. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

We're currently testing the next firmware with a few new features (e.g. Faked Ethernet-WiFi status) and some fixes.
    Stay tuned~
  4. MINIX - Ken

Roll back to the version that you feel comfortable with for now?
    We're not Apple, rolling back is always possible. :)
    By the way, hyperlink to play store please, this is the 1st thing to include reporting an app-related problem.
  5. MINIX - Ken

Your statement is exactly how the system should work.
    Reza likes this.
  6. Gooner05

Gooner05 New Member

Thanks Ken
    Heres the link to BT Sport
  7. HiMaNeN

HiMaNeN Member

8. MINIX - Ken

Is there any chance that you might have deleted the MAC address by accident?
  9. MINIX - Ken

Shall take a look but I'm not so sure if the app itself is a good one based on the comments @ play store, if the app itself is a crappy one then there is not much we can do about it.
    upload_2015-8-5_14-17-29.png
  10. Gooner05

Gooner05 New Member

Thanks again Ken, yeah can be a bit ropey at times but i always got a good framerate until last minix update, picture quality was as good as Sky go, like i said tried it on other android devices and it works fine, only problems is with x8 h :)
  11. Jimi

Jimi New Member

So if you modify it, it would efect the Youtube app?, i wish they are solution that not effect other app.
    I found bug on mx player every time i play mkv file using HW decoder, if i skip frame the audio will be max for a few second, please find the solution for this ken, thanks
  12. disam

disam New Member

after the update to the Version 6, i have now some Problem with Zattoo:

1. Connected with LAN, Wifi is disabled
    2. All apps up to date (Google Play)

Problem is: i Start Zattoo and after 30 sec. video and audio stutters every 5 sec.
  13. MINIX - Ken

So which version were you using before the update?
  14. disam

disam New Member

Version 5
  15. hellohell76

hellohell76 Member

@MINIX - Ken
    Hello ken good night.
    What happens is this the M8plus does not allow me to use the Sound Blaster estigy using all the correct settings for the passage and decoding of Dolby . But when I install the openelec version designed for a user the sound card works five stars .
    The problem is I already checked is that the kodi in openelec version allows you to change in the passtrough menu for the driver Amlogic / spdif and minixbmc version were restricted to android soundtracker driver.
    Again in openelec version works perfectly.
    Good evening and thank you.
  16. MINIX - Ken

What is M8 plus? We don't have this model.
    See if this article helps you:
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/enabling-passthrough-on-x8-x6-series.5682/
  17. elgaard1979

elgaard1979 New Member

Hi guys,

I don't know if I'm the only one with this problem - but I (fairly often) get a 'green screen'. It has happened on all FW's since FW002, and I think it has only happened from XBMC. While streaming something from eg Phoenix, I all of a sudden see only 'green' colors, and there's nothing I can do about it. If I reboot the device, it goes away, and it may be weeks until it happens again. But nothing but a reboot solves this.

Furthermore, I experience fairly random stuttering of XBMC when streaming - sometimes even the box reboots. Both on XBMC 13.3.3 and on the new Kodi 15.0. It's REALLY annoying because I don't trust the device too much. For instance, having a nice tv-night with my girl, can be completely broken by constant reboots. Especially when trying to restart in the middle of a stream after that reboot, it's a dice-toss whether it will work or not. Am I the only one with these issues?
  18. hellohell76

hellohell76 Member

Ok Minix X8 Plus now you recognize? and one more time is not working thanks for the instructions link but i think and i believe you read in my text (using the correct settings) given links its always more easy. But one more time its not working on Minix and Working on openelec. tritton decoder works on minix and openelec, but the external creative estigy prepared to work standlone not work on Minix. tonight i will made a video to show.
  19. hellohell76

hellohell76 Member

20. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder Member

Please allow to change the user/pass for the samba server access. Thanks