1. Official MINIX forum

[Bugtracker] Official X8/X8PLUS/X8-H 007A FW

Discussion in 'X8, X8 Plus, X8-H Official Firmware 007' started by MINIX - Ken, Sep 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nnever2000

nnever2000 New Member

Hi all,
    I updated to firmware 007A just for the new "Faked WIFI option", leaving the version FM002

Anyway, this new feature seems not working.

[​IMG]
  2. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

This feature does work for most streaming/TV viewing apps that require WiFi !

Large apps from the Play Store ask, Download using WiFi only? In this case you do not need to, so you can deselect the box and it will download via ethernet. Yes, it would appear that the Fake WiFi is not functioning in ths situation but it isn't required as you have an ethernet option!

Screenshot_2016-01-17-12-04-24.png
  3. nnever2000

nnever2000 New Member

I see, it worked fos ASPHALT 8.

So this option fakes WIFI for the apps but not for the system itself. Understand. :)
    Villa likes this.
  4. Siona

Siona New Member

There is a problem with TVHeadend streams from dvbt . TVHeadend client app doesn't work (to be precise the app works as it should but stream does not).
  5. crazyyyyy

crazyyyyy New Member

Hi all,
    I've got one question, I've got one minix x8 plus and I'm gonna upgrade to this firmware but I saw in the x8-h plus forum that it should be released last week the 008, my doubt is should I wait for the 008 since it's a matter of time to be release to here or upgrade it right away and then upgrade with FOTA to the 008?

Thanks in advance
  6. Menorca Man

Menorca Man Active Member

I see no reason for not updating to firmware 007A now and then OTA'ing to 008 when it becomes available.

Regards
  7. Villa

It depends on how you are going to update the firmware!
    If you are using the burning tool and a PC you are probably better waiting and burning the 008 full system image.
    If you are updating via FOTA then you have to update to 007A to be able to receive 008.
  8. crazyyyyy

crazyyyyy New Member

Thanks for the quick reply and the tips =)
  9. nnever2000

nnever2000 New Member

Just a question: the ZIP/USB method followed to FACTORY RESET, is equivalent to PC Burning tool method?
  10. Villa

Possibly!
    For the cleanest flash always use the PC burning tool method!
  11. EdT586

EdT586 Member

I am on 007A and never saw that fake WiFi option box appear, where is it hiding ? ...LoL
  12. Villa

13. max80

max80 Member

After the flash of the fw I did few days ago, the audio issue that seemed solved has occurred just a couple of times. I'm quite frustrated, but I must surrender cause I don't want to waste any more time on this, hope that this issue won't occur too frequently :-(
  14. Vidman

Vidman Member

OK thanks for reporting back.... That's disappointing, it's also disappointing that MINIX refuses to acknowledge the bug, hopefully the overdue 008 firmware will fix it
  15. Zebra

Zebra New Member

Just for your info, i managed to fix this issue by cleaning the cash for both OTV and MXplayer.
  16. kiki51

kiki51 New Member

Hi,

Since this update i have problem when i start my device.
    before the update, i started my device automatically with the tweak descibe in this thread : http://www.minixforum.com/threads/how-to-simplest-auto-power-on-tweak-ever.2633/

Because when you use the jumper inside of the motherboard, the device start also automatically when you plug the power on, but when you want to shutdown, this one reboot .....

After the update, the tweak doesn't work. The device start but stay on the begining screen...

Anybody has already seen that?

If you can help me, it's cool!

Thks
  17. Villa

Which firmware are you at now? As this is the 007a thread not the 009 thread!

If you are at FW009 then it will be related to the fact that the Power button now serves to enter Recovery Menu without the use of the Recovery button at the rear of the device.

Change log (since FW008 20160115 firmware):

1.) Fixed PVR channel switch problem within XBMC/Kodi
    2.) Fixed Google Play Store bug
    3.) Fixed Livestream app streaming issue
    4.) Updated MINIX UI
    5.) Added long press power button entering recovery menu option (~8s)
  18. kiki51

kiki51 New Member

hi

thanks for tour answer.
    i think i have the latest version.
    my minix is up to date.

is it possible to downgrade?
  19. Villa

Yes, flash any firmware version you like!
  20. kiki51

kiki51 New Member

ok.
    but if i downgrade, i lost the last update...
    there is a way to disable this feature.?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.