1. Official MINIX forum

[Bugtracker] Official X8/X8PLUS/X8-H 009 FW

Discussion in 'X8, X8 Plus, X8-H Official Firmware 009' started by MINIX - Ken, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Kemal

Kemal New Member

one more. "auto rotate screen" does not working.
  2. Andur1l

Andur1l New Member

An update from me: I ended up downgrading my FW to v8, tried the same files with the included XBMC and the latest 16.3 beta and everything works without any problems. So it seems it is something with v9 that broke compatibility.

Continuing in the next post, since I dont have enough posts to link to files ...

Wanted to post a link to a video file that didnt work with v9, but cant because I currently have 0 likes. Doh.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2016
    Villa and Higgs like this.
  3. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

You now have one like :)
  4. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

Higgs you caused me to get an error when I tried to like!
    Had to refresh the page and your post appeared!

So @Andur1l you now have two likes! :)
  5. Andur1l

Andur1l New Member

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  6. klastes

klastes New Member

There is a bug with analog audio and passthroug. I have minix x8-h connected via spdif to amplituner and analog speakers to earphone port (for skype sound when tv and amp is off - ring tone). When I set to passhtrough xbmc when plays dd or dts audio in analog speakers are very loud cracks (the amplituner works fine playing dd or dts sound). It seems that digital signal is trasmited to analog jack (changes pattern depending if dd or dts). I've reflashed 009 through otg, tried newest and beta xbmc minix and official kodi. I've tried different configuration dissabling hdmi/analog, changing digital audio to manual and spdif. In my minix U1 with newest firmware there is no problem - when I've play movie the analog speakers are silent. There is any solution?

And as Andur1 there is also problem with green squares when play old avis
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  7. klastes

klastes New Member

I've made tests. Downgrade to guru custom rom 2014 and stock 008 - the bug persist. Its seems to be a very old problem or it hardware .
  8. klastes

klastes New Member

Hello. Any solution?
  9. Akib7

Akib7 New Member

I'm having a similar issue while watching videos using Kodi every once in a while the audio will stop working to my entertainment receiver.
  10. majstor

majstor New Member

It's been a long time since the last FW 009. If there soon came FW 010?

After installing the OTA 20160328 every time when I start MINX X8 I get message: "Minix METRO has stopped" 2-3 times, after which the Minix METRO finally start.

Thank you
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  11. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

12. toto le heros

toto le heros New Member

Hello Minix
    you said "May release an extra update" any news ?
    With the audio cut fix bonus of course ! ( the only way for working around is to reboot the device one a day :()

Waiting for you
  13. Jeffers24

Jeffers24 Active Member

Is it Minix policy to stop support of products approximately 24 months following a products release, see post from Ken above?

If it is should Minix stop selling a product 12 months after release, so that a customer will receive support for approximately 12 months following purchase?

You can still order a Minix X8h plus on Amazon UK today still at a premium price, for which a purchaser may assume they will get Minix premium support.

Purchasers will be in the dark regarding the fact they are paying a premium price for a product, only to find following their purchase they have no support and it will not run the soon to be released latest version of Kodi.

Why are Minix still shipping/selling a soon to be unsupported product, that cannot run the soon to be released latest Kodi?????
  14. Reza2424

Reza2424 New Member

Good Day, I have the New-X8H-Plus build no ending 20160829 with Android Version 4.42. Can the Andriod Version be upgraded from 4.42 to the latest 6 ? If so how ?

Thks.
  15. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

No
  16. nqt

nqt New Member

I updated to 009 by FOTA on x8h and install an OTT app to watch TV online. It have a message: rooted device not supported. I try flash update.zip unroot by gufone but it not solve.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017 at 6:49 AM