1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Button to clean the recently opened apps list?

Discussion in 'Official Firmware Releases' started by Nikito, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Nikito

Nikito Member

...and closing all background apps at once, like many other android boxes/phones have, without having to drag and drop one by one.
    Thanks
  2. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Why do you want to clean the recently opened apps list? Does it bother you?

There is an all tasks killer in the Metro launcher.
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/all-tasks-killer.1167/
  3. Nikito

Nikito Member

No, it doesn't.
    I own another android box and find very comfortable to close all apps running in background, and clearing simultaneously the recent apps history, by clicking a button (image attached).

I do not use the Metro interface, which is why I miss a similar button, but I have found that I can "launch a rocket" pressing one button on my air mouse for a few seconds to get the same benefit.

I assumed that "all tasks killer" included in X8-H Plus would have the same behavior as that of another android box, but I'm seeing that Minix uses a different approach: the button frees ram (multitask is cleared and apps listed in history start running from scratch) while the recent apps list remains untouched.

So I changed the title to suit better to thread context.
    Greetings and thank you

Attached Files:

4. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Clearing the recent apps history, I believe, does not benefit the running of your device!

Personally, I never see the recent apps history as I don't use it. It's easier to press Home and select an app!
  5. Nikito

Nikito Member

I think I poorly posed the question, perhaps because of my English. The main issue to me was to know how to close all opened apps at once to free up RAM. The fact of clearing recent apps list was assumed by me as an inherent effect of closing them, because my other android box does so. Seeing the entire list without changes (after pressing context menu button in my air mouse for a few seconds) led me to think wrongly that apps were still running as if nothing had happened (after, as I said in my previous post, I understood later how the process works).
    Nothing else.
    Thanks
  6. Solorzano

Solorzano Member

You can go to Developer Settings and select Don't Keep Actives. That will kill the app after you stop using it but it defeats the purpose of having a multitasking capable machine with 2gb of ram and a top of the line cpu. Minix is capable of having more than 20 apps running in the background without any lag.

Sent from my LG-us990 using Tapatalk
  7. Vim Fuego

Vim Fuego New Member

Interesting question, so Solorzano are you saying that having 5 or 6 games running (or open) in the background does not have any impact on how well the current game you might be playing will run? I do find that hard to believe as I would assume they will have a certain amount of RAM allocated to them and must take some CPU time even if running as a background task. I'd love to see some testing figures to that claim.
  8. Solorzano

Solorzano Member

It does affect it but it should be okay. If you really want that Clear Apps button. Then follow this:
    1. Root
    2. Install Xposed Framework
    3. Download Gravitybox for Kitkat and under Miscellaneous select Clear Recent.
    It will add it and will let you place it in any of the 4 corners. [​IMG]

Sent from my LG-us990 using Tapatalk
  9. Hendra Hutagaol

Hendra Hutagaol New Member

I can't see any option without rooting you device.
    for unroot device all you can do is :
    1. activated developer options under system settings. (by 7 time click on "baseband version" in about device)
    2. "activated" Do not keep activities in developer options in apps section
    3. set to "No Background Processoes" in Limit Background Processes.