1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Can I Install Kodi v17.0 “Krypton” on a X8-H Box

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H, X8 Plus & X8' started by timmins, Jan 7, 2017.

1. timmins

timmins New Member

Can I Install Kodi v17.0 “Krypton” on my X8-H box. Will it run. I see, I'm support to have Android 5.0 installed, will this be a problem.
  2. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

Try! I think you will find it won't install.
    Take a look in the Play Store for an update and it will not be available for the device because it is not compatible!
  3. timmins

timmins New Member

I tried that and only 16.2 was available. What would happen if it was side loaded. Anything? Would it come up.
  4. timmins

timmins New Member

Will this box ever be upgraded or should I be looking for a newer box.
  5. Robert Ward

Robert Ward New Member

From all the info I can find, start looking! I bought my Minix X8-H because of the spec and the belief that they would support it. One of, if not the main, reason I bought it was to run XBMC/KODI, now I find that the OS being stuck on 4.4.1 precludes me from upgrading to v17, which is a huge improvement over previous builds. I recently bought an Android box for my sister on behalf of my niece, and as such went for a cheaper offering. It has an equal or better spec, comes with Android 6.0 and at 1/3rd of what I paid for my Minix is almost disposable. Just goes to show you don't always get what you pay for. 1st and last Minix box I'll be buying.
  6. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

Sideload is what I meant by this..
  7. timmins

timmins New Member

Thanks, I ordered a different box today, too bad it worked okay except the sound dropouts I was always getting.
  8. ru4freetv

ru4freetv New Member

I too paid the big bucks to have what i though to be the best box with the best support but found out that the cheaper boxes are just as good with newer firmware. I am very sad Come on MINIX Step up and show us your support.
  9. nifnif

nifnif New Member

What do you have bought for your sister ?
  10. frank 566

frank 566 New Member

I'm in tha same boat! Got 2 of those.....Just like you, i didn't bought cheaper boxes hopping life longivity would be better! I've learn the lesson...
  11. frank 566

frank 566 New Member

Hi nif nif, me i tried fof the last two weeks a MXQ boxe and MS8. Both work perfectly. Run on 5.1 lolipop. Mostly comparable spec than X8 H plus..The big difference of course is the price. On Amazon you'll find alot for as low as 60.00$ some are running 6.0 android. So at this price nobody would complain when no longer working...
  12. nifnif

nifnif New Member

Thanks frank 566 !