1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Cannot install apks

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 010 firmware via MINIX FOTA' started by Argyrios_Derlopas, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Argyrios_Derlopas

Argyrios_Derlopas New Member

Trying to download and install apk files.
    It givescerror cannot open file.
    Same apk located on network that my samsung galaxy s6 opens fine my z8h plus cannot. All details ofbthe filevare ahowing as n/a.
    Any auggestions?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  2. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Have you enabled unknown sources in settings?
    How are you trying to install these apks?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
  3. Argyrios_Derlopas

Thank you for yourvreply. Yes unknown sources is enabled. I just download the apk, either by browserbor es file explorer download and then try to open file. I get then error. I also tested to put same file in NFS (my local nas) and try to install same exact file from different android systems (like my phone and minix) and while in other androids it succeds, in minix it fails.
    I tried also factory reset, same behavior. I am at latest minix firmware installed by FOTA and not rooted.
    Trying to install latest arm v7 nightly kodi development version.

4. Higgs

Kodi v17 (Krypton) will not install on X8-H Plus as it isn't compatible with Android 4.4
  5. Argyrios_Derlopas

Many thanks. I hope team Minix will take care of that in due time?

6. Higgs

There may or may not be an update to android 5 (either official or unofficial). But in the meantime the latest Kodi release (16.1) works perfectly well. As does Minix XBMC 16.3 and SPMC 16.x
  7. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member

8. Higgs

If HardwareGuru's (and his team's) previous work on the X5/X7 firmwares is any indicator then yes there will be a lollipop firmware, but until it happens I'll stick with "There may or may not be..."

To quote Douglas Adams;
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” :whistle:
    Frederick_99 and Villa like this.
  9. skinnybiggs

skinnybiggs New Member

sorry but i have to toss my 2 cents in every post i read regardless if its in relation to that topic, there is this bombardment of constant nagging not this poster but its everywhere on here..

first and foremost the new kodi build isnt even official yet... so theres that....second there is absolutely no need for anything above 16.1 i could understand the worry if video addons were incompatible but come one folks theres addons still that work for GOTHAM 13 lmao leave these people be . like he said if there history is any indication there will more likely be an update..but until then stop asking day after day it will show up when it does ....theres over 60,000 video addons floating around your never ever going to have to use your minix as a paper weight....until maybe 4k is mandatory streaming ....shit i know people who have even older boxes hooked up to SD tvs and are fine watching all the content that could ever watch........

thanks team minix im first time buyer and very pleased with the devices abilities so far , i use it for streaming , watching content stored on hdds , xtra computer when the other is tied up encoding , emulators and roms ... :)

my only complaint is the box should be specific on which HEVC it can play as i would've purchased neo as i have a wide collection of HEVC 10bit
  10. Jeffers24

Jeffers24 Active Member

You can still buy the X8h+ today for a premium price:-

It should be sold with a major warning that it is unsupported and cannot run Kodi 17.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2017 at 7:30 PM
  11. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

You can find support for all MINIX devices here in this Forum! (y)
    Some older devices (which may still be available for purchase) may not receive new updates! ;)
    A newly bought device will have a 12 month warranty. :)

One should do their homework before making a purchase!