1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot play audio with bluetooth speaker

Discussion in 'NEO U1' started by FullGlass, Mar 17, 2017.

1. FullGlass

FullGlass New Member

I just got a bluetooth speaker that works perfectly with my android phone. But when I tried to use it with NeoU1, it doesn't produce any sound even though they are already paired. The speaker has a button that works as the camera shutter on the phone. When paired with NeoU1, if I press the button, all it does is increasing the volume. Is there any way I can make NeoU1's sound come through the speaker?

Thanks

2. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Have you set the audio output to the Bluetooth speaker in the Minix audio settings?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

3. FullGlass

FullGlass New Member

The options for audio output in the Minix audio setting are only Auto and HDMI, there isn't the bluetooth speaker option even after it's paired with the Minix.

4. pusb87

pusb87 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

i think you should be looking in the Sound Devices tab of Audio Settings once your bluetooth headphones/speaker is paired and on. Then select Output devices and choose your bluetooth device

Screenshot_2017-03-17-14-30-21.png

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    Villa likes this.
  5. FullGlass

FullGlass New Member

Yes I have looked there, the Output Devices also only has 2 options: Auto and HDMI.
    And my speaker's icon is like the keyboard icon in the Remote & Accessories section.

6. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

Brand & model of speaker?

7. FullGlass

FullGlass New Member

It's not a fancy one, just a $15 bluetooth speaker, the brand is dodocool

8. Nsowon

Nsowon New Member

Auto worked for me. I had no sound before that. Thanks.