1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Cant get some apps to work on my new Minix

Discussion in 'NEO U9-H' started by Misshell, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Misshell

Misshell New Member

I have just purchased this to run as a media server & to catch up on some tv programs.
    I have installed 7 now & nine app and find I can navigate to their page and go up and down but cannot get into app and watch anything.
    I was talked out of an Apple TV to buy this and so far it is great but this is very frustrating as a user as everthing looks like it should work .
    I am rural with a satelite connection but with good speed , i run netflix and stan no problem thru the tvs . I am in Western Australia

Thanks in Advance for your advice
  2. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

Welcome ! ... what device are you using ?:)
    Misshell likes this.
  3. Misshell

Misshell New Member

i m uing NEO U9-H
  4. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

Moved thread to correct Forum
  5. wrxtasy

wrxtasy Active Member

Welcome fellow Sandgroper !!

I have both devices, an Apple TV 4K and and MINIX U9.

The Apple TV 4K, especially once you use it outside of the USA is hands down the best overall media player I have ever used.
    Local Aussie Apps support for catchup TV is far better than anything Android is offering.
    There is also excellent 25fps/50Hz video sync support in the ATV 4K tvOS Firmware - it's called Frame Rate Matching to sync up all video playback nicely indeed. This is really good for nice smooth video playback of Netflix and Amazon Video as well as a whole bunch of other Apps.

All hope is not lost with the U9, because it is a superior Kodi Krypton media player, especially for audio like Dolby Atmos and DTS:X
    And it is really good once you install LibreELEC Kodi Krypton to a Sandisk microSDHC Class 10 U1 card.

If you use Kodi Krypton, install these Oz catchup TV Addons and life will be better:

Also make sure in Kodi Krypton you have:
    Kodi Settings > Player Setings > Videos > Adjust Display Refresh Rate > Start/Stop
    for smooth video playback.

I suggest you run the Kodi user interface at 1080p 50Hz to avoid excessive refresh switching when using those addons. (See Kodi settings > System)
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2018