1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Can't play these videos

Discussion in 'NEO U9-H' started by Jonesdaddy, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Jonesdaddy

Jonesdaddy New Member

http://www.adventureorluxury.com

Minix u9-h

These videos don't play properly. Stop, start, stop in windowed size. Complete failure in fullscreen mode.

Can anyone get them to play? The files aren't available anywhere else except this website.

They play fine on my android phone oneplus 3t and my wife's iPhone. Why not on the Minix?

2. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

Which browser?

I tried using Chrome in fullscreen and it plays just fine except for occasionally a slight pause/buffering.
    I adjusted the resolution from Auto and it plays without buffering. Ironically it says, "Having issues? Switch to Auto for smoother streaming."

KellyND1 likes this.
  3. Jonesdaddy

Jonesdaddy New Member

I tried chrome, Brave and dolphin browsers. All wouldn't go full screen or play without stopping. I had resolution on auto. Thought it may be a fibre broadband speed issue but after trying on phone it plays fine on same WiFi network.

4. Villa

Tried on my phone in Chrome on Auto and also adjusted the resolution but it just whirligigs and never plays! :eek:

U9 is connected Ethernet and the phone is WiFi.

5. steveg32

steveg32 Active Member

For smooth video play in full screen mode use Firefox. Way better than Chrome.

Jonesdaddy likes this.
  6. Jonesdaddy

Jonesdaddy New Member

That's much better. Still keep getting buffering but maybe that isn't minix's fault. Firefox is allowing fullscreen at least. But the buffering is doing my nut in. Why don't they just let me download the file if they are giving away the series anyway.

7. Villa

You can download them if you use a PC, Firefox and Video Download Helper. ;)

8. Marty

Marty Moderator Moderator

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  9. steveg32

steveg32 Active Member

Could be your network or possibly your ISP throttling you.

10. Villa

They're playing fine on their phones which I guess are connected to their LAN.

11. Jonesdaddy

Jonesdaddy New Member

Yes like he says, phones on LAN WiFi=fine. Minix= cr4p.

12. pusb87

pusb87 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

for whats its worth i tried this on my u9-h ( on which i have the Kondor android TV firmware) using Chrome and ethernet connection, and videos played fine in fullscreen @1080p