1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Capacitive touch screen not working

Discussion in 'NEO X7' started by sergecal, Sep 7, 2017.

1. sergecal

sergecal New Member

Dear all,

I just receive a test MiniX NEO 7 device with kitkat. My goal is to use it with digital signage and touch screen.
    The touch input goes through USB cable.

Any idea how to enable touch screen on those device ?

Please note that I am not an adnroid developper

Thanks for your help
    regards
  2. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

for industrial use there are x88i and x86i models from minix available.
    The x7 does not support touchscreens
  3. sergecal

sergecal New Member

Hello,
    Thabks for your reply.
    I have teceived also MINIX NEO X68-i , will this model support touch screen directly?

Problem i get with this device is when i power it up, led is lighting but seems not booting.. any idea?
    Any reset maybe to do?

Regards
  4. sergecal

sergecal New Member

Hello,

I have tested with touch screen the model MINIX NEO X68-i that I received with lolipop 5.1.1 pre installed and kernel 3.10, build rk3368-box-userdebug
    Touch screen is working on main android interface but with offset compare to button position. Like no calibration has been done.

Next is that if I try to play and android game from my customer like dragon ball z dokan, the touch screen lags and not responsive on the game.

In adition based on other testing I have install the AndroidX86 lolipop image on an intel processor and touch screen run really fines in all condition

So on this MINIX NEO device, what this lags is caused by ? could it be needed for an upgrade firmware or something like this ?

regards
    serge