1. Official MINIX forum -Forum was offline for maintainance during last weekend and is back online now.

Cec hdmi

Discussion in 'NEO U1 Guides & FAQs' started by sam0056, Jan 5, 2017.

1. sam0056

sam0056 New Member

Hi to everyone and now for my second post to the forum. I have a LG tv with simplink support (LGs version of CEC ). What I am trying to accomplish I's when I turn off the minix box from the A2 remote it would turn off the tv also. What happens is the box can be turned off via the normal lg tv remote but when i switch the tv back on the box doesn't come on. And iff I use the A2 remote to turn the box off it won't switch the tv off at all but only the minix. I have enabled simplink settings on the tv and I have enabled CEC on the minix so I am at a loss. Any help appreciated.
  2. SaEt9000

SaEt9000 Member

Hi,

what you are describing is nearly the same as on my minix and LG TV (UB850V) .
    With my sat-receiver and the TV CEC works good - the TV remote is able to shut down all devices, and the sat-receiver remote switches all devices on (including the audio-receiver ) .

In between I have my minix configurated without CEC-Powerfunction (only play). 1st reasons is, that only when minix is in standby a CEC-function is reachable... the second is, that I have the impression that because of CEC I have sometimes some technical problems switching on the minix. The U1 starts in this case not correctly (permanent spinner) - so that i have to unplug the power cable and after a restart the minix needs a lot of time to start because of the "application-optimization". This needs up to 4-6minutes ....

SaEt9000
  3. sam0056

sam0056 New Member

Ideally I would like to have been able to use the minix remote be able to put both the tv and the minix into sleep mode but if it's not meant to be then I'll have to just use 2 remotes for now.
  4. KellyND1

KellyND1 New Member

Hi, newbie here. I had the exact same experience with my Lg & u1. Do so far I'm just using two remotes as well