1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Cec Issue

Discussion in 'Official Firmware Releases' started by Pintglass, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Pintglass

Pintglass New Member

Hello
    After having my neo x8-h plus for about a year or so, I decided to try and make more use of it, previously I was using a raspberry pi.
    I was still on the stock firmware so i upgraded to 009 which all went quite smoothly after reading various threads on here.
    My neo x8-h plus is connected to a onkyo receiver which is then connected to my samsung TV both connections are via hdmi.
    I have cec enabled on all devices.
    The problem i have is that every time I turn on my TV I have to select the neo x8 from the list of connected cec devices, rather than the neo x8 staying as the active source.
    I have set the neo to not sleep thinking that could be the problem but that makes no difference.
    I have tried different Hdmi ports but this makes no difference.
    When I was using the raspberry pi I could turn off the TV, then when I turned the TV back on the TV and receiver would be on the same inputs as they were when I powered down.
    Does anyone else have this issue, or Know a way to solve it?

Regards Pintglass
  2. andymnc

andymnc New Member

Same fw version (but it was tthe same with the previous) and same problem some time.
    I didn't find how to solve it, but the workaround i can suggest is, because of cec, to turn on the minix first so it will "call" the other devices.
    In my case, as i turn on the x8-h+ first, then the tv turns on (wait a little bit, usually it works).
    About the other flow (tv first), it's like not working. not always at least.