1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Custom ROM Configurable Custom Firmware

Discussion in 'X8-H & X8/Plus Custom ROMs, Kernels & Discussion' started by messer, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Jarred_D

Jarred_D New Member

No i have the X8-H version. I just gave up trying anymore lol.
  2. Francesco Esposito

Francesco Esposito New Member

Gentlemen, I have started the installation, but there is no pointer to choose the options. I am trying with some external usb keyboard and nothing happen. Any suggetion?
    20150115_030226.jpg
    ismael1099 likes this.
  3. Francesco Esposito

Francesco Esposito New Member

Ok, problem solved, was just a problem of the usb keyboard, with another kayboard worked good.
    But anyway, when it finished the installation process, the screen go back to the recovery menu and now my minix is not more usable.
    Any procedure to flash the ROM directly from an external computer?
  4. messer

messer youthful doter Dev Group

5. QuicksilverCZ

QuicksilverCZ Member

2x I did install your FW through TWRP and forth across the Aroma and when the installation was complete, and then I was to give NEXT ... minix gray and nothing happens, then, when you turn it on already booted only TWRP and nothing happens.
  6. kingdingaling

kingdingaling Member

i'm somehow stuck at the twrp page... i dont want it and not sure what it was so picked it to install. how do i remove twrp or even just get past it's main screen every time i turn on my minix?
  7. messer

messer youthful doter Dev Group

Hi,

due to some significant business related changes and a new job assignment I will not be able to continue my effort regarding the custom firmware from now on.
    With a tear in my eyes I have made the decision to stop any kind of activities in this area for a while. As soon as I have more time again I will let you know. Sorry ... but I have to set priorities.
    hawzman and danfozzy like this.
  8. bundy70

bundy70 New Member

Can you repost the links both of them will not work?
  9. r3nej

r3nej New Member

Hello there but am working towards a more complete home automated solution I have come across LinuxMCE and this is brilliant Media Centre platform os this would be brilliant if it could be ported across to a custom rom for s802 s805 s905 and the coming Rk3368 this would as a great Linux base os for the MBOX Sorry android

On a wider note is it possible to write a custom rom that is standard Bios Based pc system with witch you could pixie Boot ( to be use in conjunction CCboot or a pixie server) or to install win7/Linux on to. The ROM would Need to incorporate appropriate drivers for win 7 ect
    Then you would be able to install you own os systems but more importantly could pixie boot the same image across several mbox'es meaning when you make changes they happen accorss all machines

Also this might be a bit far what's the chance of a MBOX Base ROM incorporating Grid Computing ( Tieing all the mbox processors on a network together) so when it boots its finds other mbox's on the network with the same rom and share the processing power between the machines this would only Really be advantageous on the RK3368 BOX as it Gigabit Network socket but over all would give you an extremely powerful home media network giving you processing power where its needed Cheers
  10. Harry S

Harry S New Member

Interesting because as my X8neo is bricked. Can anyone post the download link please?