1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Control the Power-LED

Discussion in 'Z83-4 Alternate OS discussion' started by iTommix, Mar 7, 2017.

1. iTommix

iTommix New Member

Hi @all.

I have running Ubuntu on my device as a Headless PLEX-Mediaserver. For my Media i use an external Harddisk. Sometime i have to plug this Harddisk on my Mac to transfer new Movies. For this i have a script that unmount this Harddisk by press the Powerbutton, and mount it by pressing the Powerbutton again.

Now i want a visible feedback my harddisk is really mounted/unmountet. My Idea is to use the Power-LED, but i dont know how to control it and i dont know how its connected to the Minix (GPIO or something). In /sys/class/leds are only 3 "devices" named mmc0, mmc1 and mmc2.

Anyone got experience with it?

Regards
    iTommix
  2. MCC

MCC New Member

I'd like to know that too. Has anybody figured it out?
  3. jlinux

jlinux New Member

@iTommix : Can you indicate how you got Ubuntu installed? Are you happy with it? I would like to try the Z83-4 but I understood that no form of Linux is actually "supported" and it was unclear how to install it.

While waiting to hear that Linux is a viable option on the Minix Z83-4, I got a different and more expensive fanless box from a different vendor, with Ubuntu pre-installed ("MiniPC J1900 2GB/64GB" amazon.com/gp/product/B018LWHBTG ) and it seemed to work at first, but it just locks up or even shuts off every few days, and "dmesg" shows a number of entries like "mce: [Hardware Error]: Machine check events logged". Obviously unacceptable.
    EDIT: I did nothing but plug it in, and login. But it occurs to me that the system may have been delivered overclocked (eg. using a cheaper processor than they advertised), I will have to look into that.
    Last edited: May 15, 2017