1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Convert Z64A to Windows 8.1 Z64W

Discussion in 'NEO Z64 Android OS' started by Gadget Friendly, Mar 17, 2015.

1. This video demos how to install Windows 8.1 in replacement of the Android OS on the NEO Z64A. A license key is required in order to have an activated copy of windows and you must have your own disc image of Windows to install from. Everything here is reversible but unless you do an emmc backup you will lose all data when reinstalling / switching between the two OS's. Be sure to carefully watch the video and if you have any Q's be sure to post em before doing something youre unsure of!

Credits for the tools go the OP of this thread over at freaktab - http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?24050-Minix-Neo-Z64A-to-Z64W-and-reverse

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  2. @Mods - Can this be moved to guides and FAQs? Ill be updating this later with a video on how to backup the EMMC storage which will make switching a lot less painless as far as reinstalling apps.
  3. mikeplow

mikeplow New Member

This is great! I'm off work for a couple of weeks soon and looking forward to giving this a go. Great work!
  4. mrrawuk

mrrawuk New Member

I finally did this today. I was using my sons z64w and even though i am a massive fan of Android, for me the Z64W is a better experience than my Z64A.

I have not had any Audio delay since i switched my Z64a to a Z64w and Plex runs without Issue.
    Best thing i did was switch the Android OS.

Great post and Tutorial
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  5. Borremans

Borremans New Member

I don't know if it works for you, but when I want to download the zip-files, my browser say that this files contains a virus?
  6. mrrawuk

mrrawuk New Member

They do not contain any Virus.
  7. Borremans

Borremans New Member

Thanks, something wrong with my browser...?
  8. mrrawuk

mrrawuk New Member

I can only tell you the files have no virus.
  9. Chen Haziza

Chen Haziza New Member

and yet we get this:

Sorry, this file is infected with a virus
    Only the owner is allowed to download infected files.

can you re-upload via dropbox or something else
  10. sergigno

sergigno New Member

I did everything like in the video, but after updating the BIOS, minix does not start. is Bricked i think. How can i start them, and solve this problem?