1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Custom Rom? U1

Discussion in 'NEO U1 Custom ROMs, Kernels & Discussion' started by Vitalit, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Vitalit

Vitalit New Member

Hello, so what about Custom Rom for U1?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
  2. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Why?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
  3. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

Why NOT ?! :confused::ROFLMAO:
  4. Higgs

No reason, but unless there something specific that you need/want from a custom rom that the official fw can't provide them why ask for one?
    If you have a reason to ask then if you give that reason, someone might provide an alternative solution.
    In this case I was just wondering what the op was looking for from a custom rom.

5. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

I totally agree! I was taking the ....! (You should know me by now!) ;)

A little too early for a custom ROM I would say!
    Higgs likes this.
  6. Vitalit

Vitalit New Member

Same. Why not :)) Use CR on x8h, its better as OFW

7. Higgs

Which CR are you using on x8-h, if it an older finless rom then you're missing a lot of new features in the newer official firmwares. Again I would ask what exactly you want from the custom rom that the official fw doesn't have (apart from root).
    As you see from the other threads Minix have already released new updated firmwares and are hard at work on further improvements.

newbie99 likes this.
  8. Vitalit

Vitalit New Member

I need clean fw without google apps, after updating i would like to install just one or two google apps, playstore and something else. I use Hardwareguru FW on x8h

bitweasel, Fastrite and Higgs like this.
  9. bitweasel

bitweasel New Member

I'd like a rom without Google contacts! I've had devices lock up after disabling contacts before so I'm leaving it alone for now, but that app kept popping up for no reason during early setup with the k400 keyboard. I think there was a two finger gesture triggering it off the touchpad?