1. Official MINIX forum

Custom ROM Customizing Neo X6

Discussion in 'NEO X6 Custom ROMs, Kernels and Discussion' started by Julien C., Jun 17, 2015.

1. Julien C.

Julien C. New Member

Hi everybody !

I'm working right now on a solution using Minix Media HUB. We were using previously X5 Mini models which we customized by removing/adding APKs and doing minor changes in the "update.zip" flashable firmwares.
    We were applying the updates by putting a SDcard in the X5 and then applying the update.
    All was OK, it was simple to do on a global basis and the X5 was doing an excellent job !!!

Now we are switching into new models and I'm currently trying to do the same with Neo X6 model. I've encountered some issues so I have a few questions on this model :

1- Is it possible to get recent fully flashable firmwares (like the 006) in old "update.zip" full flashable format in order to update more easily the boxes ? (FOTA is not an immediate solution for us because we will not be able to always have an internet connection where the X6s will be deployed). It would also allow us to customize the updates before updating.

2- I've already tried to customize the 003 firmware version (prior to FOTA) with the downloadable firmware provided in the forum page but it seems that now firmwares update packages are no more signed with Google standard certificates.
    Therefore we can no more customize our own ROMs as the update process says that the signature is no longer correct. What solution can I have for this problem ?

Thanks in advance !
  2. baudouin

baudouin New Member

I'm working with Julien,

With the new July FOTA release we managed to solve the point 1

But on the point 2 we got the same behaviour :
    We tried to customize the 007A firmware via MINIX FOTA (20150710) firmware version with the downloadable firmware provided in the forum page but it seems that now firmwares update packages are no more signed with Google standard certificates.
    Therefore we can no more customize our own ROMs as the update process says that the signature is no longer correct.

What solution can We have for this problem ?

Thanks in advance !
  3. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

MINIX is building proper firmware, the last firmwares have a release key wich drops it out of the development builds.
    These keys are not publicly available.

What you can do is;
    Resign the last release-key update ( including the apks/jars etc, replace the security certs )
    Then update from the last test-key firmware.
    Remember to use the old recovery as that also needs the correct certificate.
  4. kserin

kserin New Member

Hi,
    I don't think I understand what we have to do. I know how to resigne the update.zip
    But what to do you mean by "update the last-key firmware" ? How should I do it ?
  5. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

As far as i can read now you dont understand the processes involved, how it all works. For that reason(also) there are now release builds to avoid rma based on unproper rom modifications. I wont give a teaching class here, i am sorry. Everyone has its profession. If you want it done let it be done by a profesional. (Not ment in a bad way)
    I hope you understand. (Warenty of your car also goes away if you fiddle with it yourself)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ZP980+ met Tapatalk
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2015