1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Cut, copy, paste and delete in ES File Explorer

Discussion in 'MINIX & General Android Apps' started by knockoutpill, Feb 21, 2015.

1. knockoutpill

knockoutpill New Member

How do you use the commands cut, copy, paste and delete on files in ES File Explorer?

I'm using the Neo A2 Remote.

According to this site, I should push the "menu" button to bring up the "operations" menu where I can do all that goodness: http://www.onlineandroidtips.com/apps/es_file.html

I feel I have tried every single button though. I'm not sure which one is the menu button on the Neo A2, but looking at the manual in this video, , it says that it's the one that looks like one folder (or rectangle) on top of another but when I press that a window chooser screen pops up, allowing me to change applications.

I have tried making the file I want to cut active with the directional buttons surrounding the Android symbol on the Neo A2 remote and then pressing all the buttons on the remote and trying all the icons in the ES File Explorer UI, but I just can't seem to find the one thing that lets me cut/copy/paste/delete/etc.

Anyone? I have spent over an hour trying to figure it out myself. I really wish it was more intuitive. :-/
  2. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Just click and hold on the file, the cut, copy delete etc options will appear on the bottom menu. You can use the long click method to select multiple files also.

Sent using Tapatalk
    Villa likes this.
  3. knockoutpill

knockoutpill New Member

Ahh! Facepalm! Click and hold! Pretty much the one thing I didn't think of.

Thanks.
  4. Keef

Keef New Member

I have been trying to enter a playerfactory.xml to change my external player.

My thanks to everyone in the above threads with the copy and paste instructions, success at last:)
    Villa likes this.