1. Official MINIX forum

X7 CWM or TWRP for Official KitKat 2.50?

Discussion in 'NEO X7' started by magno, Nov 9, 2016.

1. magno

magno New Member

Hi everybody,

I just installed CMW in my recovery partition as described in section B here:

http://www.minixforum.com/threads/n...all-custom-recovery-and-backup-solution.3788/

After booting into recovery partition, CWM loads succesfully but it can't backup the data; if I tried to backup to external SD, it seems to begin the process (boot image backup) but it never ends and finally, no backup is present on the SD card. If I tried to backup directly into the NAND flash, it asserts an error because the path can't be mounted.

I always used TWRP and it worked really well; is there any version of TWRP for official 2.50?

Thanks!
  2. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

Sorry we dont support thirdparty recovery
  3. magno

magno New Member

Ok, thanks!

I already installed CWM but seeing as it doesn't work, I would like to restore the recovery included in official release 2.50. Is there anyway to go back to the default recovery?
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  4. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

Sure, by flashing the original image
  5. magno

magno New Member

Thanks for your answer, but in fact there is a way to go back to default recovery: you can flash it using "ROM Flash Tool 1.37". I did it easily in 2 minutes. Now, I hope to find a TWRP or CWM version for minix X7 so I can do full backups and resize partitions.

Regards!
    jebll likes this.
  6. jebll

jebll New Member

Hi, I understand your principles but could you advise how to, install from zip, using your supplied recovery? Eg. Add blocker. Needs to come through recovery??
    Thanks