1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

X7 CWM or TWRP for Official KitKat 2.50?

Discussion in 'NEO X7' started by magno, Nov 9, 2016.

1. magno

magno New Member

Hi everybody,

I just installed CMW in my recovery partition as described in section B here:

http://www.minixforum.com/threads/n...all-custom-recovery-and-backup-solution.3788/

After booting into recovery partition, CWM loads succesfully but it can't backup the data; if I tried to backup to external SD, it seems to begin the process (boot image backup) but it never ends and finally, no backup is present on the SD card. If I tried to backup directly into the NAND flash, it asserts an error because the path can't be mounted.

I always used TWRP and it worked really well; is there any version of TWRP for official 2.50?

Thanks!
  2. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

Sorry we dont support thirdparty recovery
  3. magno

magno New Member

Ok, thanks!

I already installed CWM but seeing as it doesn't work, I would like to restore the recovery included in official release 2.50. Is there anyway to go back to the default recovery?
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  4. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

Sure, by flashing the original image
  5. magno

magno New Member

Thanks for your answer, but in fact there is a way to go back to default recovery: you can flash it using "ROM Flash Tool 1.37". I did it easily in 2 minutes. Now, I hope to find a TWRP or CWM version for minix X7 so I can do full backups and resize partitions.

Regards!
    jebll likes this.
  6. jebll

jebll New Member

Hi, I understand your principles but could you advise how to, install from zip, using your supplied recovery? Eg. Add blocker. Needs to come through recovery??
    Thanks