1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Definitive guide for OTA Update for Non Technical Users

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 002 firmware' started by Keepsweeping, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Keepsweeping

Keepsweeping Member

Hi Guys
    Being a newbie, I strongly believe that Minix should provide a definitive guide for OTA update for non technical users. I have read all of the update info and it is obvious that checking the wrong box or making a mistake in one of the update sections, could ruin your box. The Minix neo x8H plus is a superb product, and it is a shame that a large number of users will miss out on the upgrades. Obviously worried about making an error. It shouldn't be too much of a task, and maybe increase the number of Minix boxes installed.
  2. ENDRJUPL

ENDRJUPL Well-Known Member Super Moderator

There is a step by step tutorial in official firmware releases section.
  3. Keepsweeping

Keepsweeping Member

4. ENDRJUPL

ENDRJUPL Well-Known Member Super Moderator

If you follow the procedure from the link you posted - it's easy.
    To be sure, back up your xbmc settings. Follow this steps:
    Open ES file explorer, set show hidden files on the left panel. Copy the addons and userdata folders in android/org.xbmc to a usb stick or external sd card. Upgrade firmware. If you lose data in xbmc, go to the previously mentioned location, delete the userdata and addons folders and paste the ones you copied before. Works every time.
  5. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

6. Kiryu

Kiryu Member

I was curious about this as well, so I pressed the backup button. There was no option to choose a location for the backup image, but when it was done, there was a backup on sd card.