1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Tutorial Disabling fast startup in Windows 10

Discussion in 'Z83-4 Guides & FAQs' started by MINIX - Ken, Sep 22, 2016.

1. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Fast startup is an option designed for mobile devices with internal batteries, such as tablets, 2-in-1, laptops. If you're going to cut off the power completely from the Z83-4 all the time (e.g. turning off the power socket, unplugging the power adapter from the unit randomly), it's recommended that to turn this option off to avoid data loss as a result of improper shutdown. (Fast startup requires to power to remain ON at all time since the "shutdown" is not real)

2. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

3. Brian EclipseWiFi

Brian EclipseWiFi New Member

Ken,

Thanks for replying so quickly. I've tried Fast Startup off and unfortunately the Z83-4 still does not power on automatically after you restore power after a power loss. I've also rechecked the BIOS and the AC ON feature is still enabled. For my purposes with these units, I plan on having the remote Z83-4 powered on 24/7. In the event of a power outage, I must have the Z83-4 power up automatically once local power is restored. Fairly simple request for that BIOS feature to accomplish. As mentioned in a past email, previous Z83-4 units purchased are successful at doing this. It just happened on the last two purchased.