1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Display Change in Android

Discussion in 'Official Firmwares' started by SteveFP, Mar 25, 2018.

1. SteveFP

SteveFP Member

Hello all,

First off I want to say that I am not complaining, but just asking whether we will get an Android firmware that will allow for automatic display resolution changes in Kodi? Is this a product of Android or Kodi? When I am running Android I only show two display options in Kodi(1920x1080 60/50). When I run LibreELEC I have multiple display options.

I am connected to a 4K TV, so automatic resolution change is important to me, especially when I am flipping live TV from US to UK streams. Its even more critical when watching live sports.

If I have something wrong on my U9H then I am happy to tshoot it, but I have factory erased several times and nothing changes in Kodi. Just the two display options.

FWIW...I am run FW008.

Thanks,
    Steve

2. SaEt9000

SaEt9000 Member

Hmm..
    I cannot exclude with 100% that there are still some bugs regarding framerateswitching in the last android-FW. I have some problems as well - but I think it has to do with HDCP and i assume it is only visible if you have a special combination of TV and AVR in use.

Otherwise the frameratesiwitching should work. It depends from the installed kodi-version.

But first: have you switched on in the basic android settings - player section - automatic framerateswitching on level 2 ? I think this could explain yourissue if you havn't.

The you should try the fowwowing settings in kodi.

kodi 16.x and similar as minix xbmc or spmc : automaticframerateswitch: off and amlcodec: on
    kodi 17.x : framerateswitch start/stop or always. recommended is start/stop; in my configuration works "always" more reliable
    kodi 18.x i think the same settings as in kodi 17.x. but in my configuration it exits with a black screen...

SaEt9000

3. SteveFP

SteveFP Member

Level 2 for Kodi 17?

4. SaEt9000

SaEt9000 Member

why not? You could test it.
    However - as I said above I have some trouble too. I can test it with level 1 - lets look what it changes.

SaEt9000