1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Display Port NGC-1

Discussion in 'NGC-1' started by IMA, Apr 12, 2016.

1. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Z83-4's mini DP is having the same characteristics as the NGC-1:

mini DP to DP/mini DP
    mini DP to D-Sub (VGA)

These 2 are the supported method.
    These are limited by the Intel's hardware.
  2. Keepsweeping

Keepsweeping Member

Hi Ken
    It would seem that the adapter () will work with Intel 4400 hd graphics. The included video and info below the video, states that this active club adapter (around £40) works with the same platform that the NGC-1. Could you have a look at this please.
  3. newbie99

newbie99 Moderator Moderator

4. newbie99

newbie99 Moderator Moderator

5. Keepsweeping

Keepsweeping Member

Hi Newbie The reason why I raised this issue in the NGC-1 forum is because I was thinking of buying one, and it looked like it to me that this ACTIVE Adapter should work. I am not sure why you moved my post, unless I have lost all my senses.
  6. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Newbie's post was addressed to Motoarzan.
    As you can see your posts haven't been moved.
  7. Keepsweeping

Keepsweeping Member

See I told you I have lost all my senses !!!
  8. Typhon

Typhon New Member

Necro-post but I can confirm that an ACTIVE mini display port to HDMI adapter such as the one listed above DOES WORK.

This post saved me from pulling my hair out trying to get dual TV's running on the Z83-4.
  9. Binh Ngo

Binh Ngo New Member

I have black screen when using NGC-1 MINI-DP to Dell U2414H DP - the cable comes along with Dell monitor so it is supposed to be certified.
    My setup is as following: connect NGC-1 to Dell monitor using both HDMI and displayport (mini-DP at NGC-1, DP in at the monitor), things are fine with HDMI but when selecting input as Displayport then the monitor switches to power saving mode and screen goes black.
    I tested few things:
    - when unplug the mini-dp head at ngc-1 then HDMI is automatially selected and it works: does it mean the cable is ok? when plug the mini-dp head again - the screen goes black.
    - at the monitor I tried to enable/disable "DisplayPort 1.2" which is switches between displayport 1.1a and 1.2: still have black screen
    - updated the intel HD Graphics (version 20.19.15.4531): no change

Do you guys have any idea/suggestion to make the displayport work? Thanks in advance
  10. IsmailMoolla

IsmailMoolla New Member

I have issues with the Mini DP port as well.
    I have used a Mini DP to DP cable and the display works sometimes and the best resolution I get is 640*480 and cannot adjust it stays grayed out.
    Reboot and it looses the display on the mini DP side
    The unit came with Windows 10 home, I would like to downgrade it to Win7 embedded is there a way to downgrade it, or even install Win10 embedded. Is that possible?

Any help would be appreciated.