1. Official MINIX forum

Do you have to clear system cache after FW update?

Discussion in 'NEO U1' started by RetrogamerX, Mar 4, 2016.

1. RetrogamerX

RetrogamerX Member

update online with the update app and that's it and then using the recovery mode to clear cache? or do nothing at all after firmware update?

Also how do you know if your player has been rooted? I bought mine online, but don't know if it's a rooted or not?

Cheers
  2. RetrogamerX

RetrogamerX Member

I guess not.
  3. Sean369

Sean369 Active Member

I haven't seen any official recommendation to clear cache after a firmware update. But in my personal experience using many custom roms on my android phones it never hurts to clear cache and is often beneficial. So I just do it by default. As for rooted it shouldn't be rooted but you can go to the playstore and get this app and check. Root Checker.
    MINIX - Ken and RetrogamerX like this.
  4. Elvis

Elvis Member

If you ota your firmware it is not rooted. If you bought used and you are not using any pre-configured applications I would clear cache and do a couple of factory resets just to make sure there is nothing taking up valuable space or slowing the box down.
  5. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Yes, always recommended.
    dryster likes this.
  6. Sherpa25

Sherpa25 Member

Sorry, where do you access clearing of cache? Thanks.
  7. skynet

skynet Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

In the recovery ;)

To go into the recovery mode of NEO U1 :

1.) U1 is at OFF state with a power adapter attached.
    2.) U1 is attached to a display.
    3.) Press and hold the power button for 6 seconds to go into recovery mode.
    4.) Done.
  8. Sherpa25

Sherpa25 Member

Oh, sorry. I think I meant for a specific app (ex. XBMC cache), so settings are retained. Thanks.
  9. skynet

skynet Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

Ok, choose Applications setting in Minix general setting. Then choose the App you want and you can delete cache or uninstall app.
    Sherpa25 likes this.