1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Do you play emulators on the U1? Which ones?

Discussion in 'NEO U1' started by Cacildo, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Cacildo

Cacildo Member

I do play with emulators on my android phone, but is there emulators that are actually recomended for the Minix Neo U1?

I saw somewhere here something about a "happy chick" or something emulator. It seems to round everything in one place - from NES to DC. Have anyone here ever tried it? Is it on the playstore or do i have to find the APK?

2. skynet

skynet Moderator Moderator

Cacildo likes this.
  3. Cacildo

Cacildo Member

How does that work? I need to put each emylayor on it or does it comes with a "starter package"? Any emulator goes or are the specific ones?

Also... the official website dosen have a andtoid version. Its on the play store?

4. skynet

skynet Moderator Moderator

I didn't tried yet on Minix U1.
    I used it on a Raspberry pi 2, but it's the same way.

You need to find roms, and games iso of course. Not difficult to find.

There's a lot of tuto on the web.

You can also install any single emultaor on android (Amiga, Nes, SuperNES, Dosbox, Mame, etc ..)
    All of them are available on the store.

5. killabyte

killabyte New Member

I use happychick regularly with a Xiaomi Gamepad in a 4K tv hdmi 2.0 (60 fps) and it runs smoothly :D

NOTE: happychick cannot be found in the play store, so you have to search it by yourself in google.

6. Cacildo

Cacildo Member

I got to the website and was almost installing the APK in an old, empty tablet. But the kind of access the app asked for kinda scared me...

(then i went to install Retroarch and the access it asked were pretty mild, so i went with it)

(but Retroarch is so difficult i wasnt able to make ANYTHING work. God i hate Retroarch....)

But how does Happy Chick work? Its everything ready? You just install it and every emulator is already there? I saw "Dreamcast" and even Wii in its images... does it work easy like that?

Does any of the versions in the website work under android on the Minix boxes?

7. Rob koenis

Rob koenis New Member

Google retrobox works perfect on the u1