1. Official MINIX forum

Does not wake from Sleep

Discussion in 'X8 - X8H Official Firmware 002' started by Another User, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Another User

Another User New Member

I just updated my firmware to 002, and the issue I have is it does nto wake from Sleep mode. Factory version was ok. I now need to unplug the power from the device and reboot the unit to wake it from sleep mode. Anyone else having this issue ?
    Yaron likes this.
  2. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

You should be able to wake it using a remote with an IR power button; stick ir button, m1 etc ( obviously you need line of sight between remote and ir receiver on box).
    Or by pressing the power button on the box.

Sent using Tapatalk
  3. Fab

Fab New Member

Ok. Will anyone from Minix either confirm or deny that they will EVER add the option for sleep or deep sleep (as Minix call it) in the firmware as an option? WIll it ever be put back in like FW001 or will it never be added?

Please confirm.
  4. Another User

Another User New Member

I tried that, but did not work. I hit the lock button on the keyboard (Bluetooth), select sleep. Then tried using the IR remote to power on, but menu is stuck on exit and IR remote does not respond up down power. Even power button on device does not respond, and I have to unplug power from the device to wake it.
  5. Salvatore

Salvatore Member

I m a bit confused... I have a the minix IR remote control and it is able to put in sleep mode and wake up the device just with single press on the power button.
    I m considering to get an M1. Does the power button of the M1 able to put the X8-h to sleep (or deep sleep) and also to wake it up???
  6. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Yes, the M1 power button is IR so will work the same way.
  7. nad

nad Member

I can confirm that x8-h (fw 002) does'nt wake up from sleep with the IR remote. Actualy I am always have to unplug the power plug and then plug it again.
    I am very disappointed. It should not be like that !!
    Yaron likes this.
  8. Salvatore

Salvatore Member

I have installed the fw 002 and when I use the simple IR remote control I can put it to sleep and wake it up without any problem. Just using the power button.
  9. patarock2

patarock2 New Member

The same problem here now I'm unable to acces me device remotely for adding for example torrents.
    I'm talking when the device automatically goes to deep sleep not doing by your own with the Ir remote because when you do with the Ir works fine
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  10. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

We tested the IR could wake up the device from sleep mode.
    Which remote are you actually using? Please reply.
  11. MINIX - Ken

We are not going to revoke back to the way of fw001.
  12. MINIX - Ken

Bluetooth keyboard??
    Menu??
    Sorry I don't get it.
  13. Another User

Another User New Member

Hi Ken,

Problem seems to have gone away now. I can wake the unit up using the IR remote again. Looks like something to do with the cache probably. I cleared the cache, and things seem to work better now. I can wake from sleep mode again looks like from both bluetooth and IR.
  14. Yaron

Yaron Member

I have the same issue. How do you clean the Cache?
  15. Another User

Another User New Member

Ok so from Sleep mode, trying to wake it does work from the IR remote, but bluetooth communication is lost after X amount of time. The only way presently to recover the bluetooth communications is to reboot or go to Settings turn off bluetooth and turn it back on. This will rebuild the comunications to the device from Sleep mode.

To clear the cache Got to XBMC,

Select the add on , configure settings of add on and there should be an option in the Database to "Flush webpage cache" on 1Channel at least

Clear cache on all other enabled add-ons, and it may take a while to rebuild the cache, but at least it wakes from Sleep mode.
  16. Another User

Another User New Member

Interesting. Removed RF adapter that came with M1 Mouse, and bluetooth keyboard recovered without having to reset bluetooth on the unit. Probably going to replace BT keyboard w RF keyboard, since RF keyboard has a trackpad integrated into keyboard.

Still this may be a bug that needs to be looked into. When RF module that M1 mouse is plugged in, Bluetooth does not wake up on Minix after putting device to sleep. Bluetooth needs to be disabled and re-enabled before BT wakes with a RF 2.4G m1 mouse adapter is plugged in. Testing with another RF adapter now.
  17. UserNL

UserNL New Member

I would like hdmi-cec to wake the device, as all my other cec-devices do. is this possible?