1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

dongle for g4

Discussion in 'NEO G4' started by chippie 70, Aug 28, 2014.

1. chippie 70

chippie 70 Member

Hi ALL
    Can you tell me if there is a wi-fi dongle for the g4 ,if so ,can you suggest one.
    Regards
  2. jukiveins

jukiveins Active Member Dev Group

I bought a dongle based on Realtek RTL8192CU from eBay for $9 and it is really fast, with great range. Connects at 300 Mbps max if your router supports it.
    But it requires a recompiled module or even kernel to work properly on the Neo G4.
  3. chippie 70

chippie 70 Member

can you explain what a recompiled module and a kernel is to an old man who is new to all this jargon
    Thanks
  4. jukiveins

Of course.
    The kernel in Android is the "connection" between apps and hardware. It means that the OS cannot even boot without the kernel, because it contains important drivers and modules for the hardware.
    Different Wi-Fi chips require different modules in kernel, so if the kernel in your ROM doesn't have a module for your Wi-Fi dongle, it won't even recognize it and, therefore, you cannot use it. To overcome this, the kernel must be recompiled with support for this Wi-Fi or a module must be compiled from driver sources and then load it on the system.
  5. chippie 70

chippie 70 Member

Hi Ya
    Thanks for that ,I understand now,is it possible you can tell me which dongle I need for Android 4.2.2
    Thanks
  6. jukiveins

Something with RTL8188EUS chipset should work straight out of the box.
    I can't recommend a particular one, I would choose a cheap one.
  7. chippie 70

chippie 70 Member

thanks I am trying to locate one
  8. chippie 70

chippie 70 Member

9. jimbonice

jimbonice Member

Did this work for you?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
  10. enzodelta10

enzodelta10 New Member

Buona Sera
    voglio Portare il mio neo g4 alle impostazioni ORIGINALI, C'è Qualcuno Che mi può aiutare?
    voglio dire also Che non so da dove iniziare, il principale me lo ha Fatto amico un,
    spero Che C'è Qualcuno available da dirmi da dove iniziare Che Programma Scaricare e tutto il resto da tariffa,
    Grazie anticipatamente