1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

downgrade firmware / empty directories with FW5

Discussion in 'Official Firmwares' started by Brent Conway, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Brent Conway

Brent Conway New Member

am i going to brick the box by flashing in an older firmware, or will it be okay?
  2. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

It will be OK.
    But why? Because of this...
  3. Brent Conway

Brent Conway New Member

Yes. I can live without FTP; but the directory bug is a deal breaker
  4. Villa

Why are you using the basic file browser? Is it not OK if you use a different file browser/manager?
  5. Brent Conway

Brent Conway New Member

Well kodi now has the exact same problem. I figured if the basic file browser doesnt work its related to the firmware upgrade

Cant anyone tell me how to install an older firmware over a newer one without having to factory reset the box? i really dont feel like losing my indigo...
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  6. Brent Conway

Brent Conway New Member

posted this in the bugtracker, but got not results.

anyway on the FW 5 some of my usb hdd directories are empty. the title is there; but no entries.

connected to a pc, the files are present in the directory. FW 4 shows the directory correctly as well.

its a 4 tb hdd formatted to exfat worked perfectly before fw upgrade

i had to usb burn fw 4 into the box because you cant downgrade the fw via the .zip method

am i the only one who has this problem?
  7. MrBig

MrBig Active Member

I have a 5tb usb drive and do not have that problem.
  8. MrBig

MrBig Active Member

what directory bug are you referring to that is a deal breaker?
  9. Brent Conway

Brent Conway New Member

the directory problem i had; was that on fw5 some of the directories would appear empty; blank and as such the content was inaccessible.

so the usb hhd was called minix hdd. the listing would be minix hdd/anime/dan machi (im not 100% sure of the format, but you get the idea; there is actually so kinda of hex number before the anime directory). you go this directory and the episodes wont not be present both in kodi and the basic file browser.

however if i un mounted the drive and used my laptop, the episodes would appear. approx 12 or so, no weird characters or illegal entries either

this occurred in multiple directories. i actually kinda freaked when i saw this as i have about 1tb of anime on this drive and thought i had lost some.

on fw4 i have no issues as stated (burned the box back to fw4 using the usb burner and cord and such)

could it have been a bad fw flash??? i think im the only one experiencing this issue
  10. Brent Conway

Brent Conway New Member

i replied in the other thread
  11. Villa

Threads merged