1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

DSTV now app

Discussion in 'NEO U9-H' started by BradzzGP, Jan 17, 2018.

1. BradzzGP

BradzzGP New Member

Hello all,
    I recently purchased the U9-H and I want to find out how to download the DSTV now online app.
    firstly it doesn't appear in the app store.
    So I tried from google, but a message states that the app is not supported on this device. how do I resolve this?

many thanks - BradzzGP

2. skynet

skynet Moderator Moderator

Hi,

Try to find the APK (eg : APKmirror, ... ) and install it with ES Explorer.

3. BradzzGP

BradzzGP New Member

Thanks for the response. I've tried that and it didn't work.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

4. Marty

Marty Moderator Moderator

I've read elsewhere that DSTV Support are very helpful regarding getting things set up on a MINIX box, I would suggest contacting them first, they might possibly have a direct download link for you, getting apps from source is always recommended, hope they can get you sorted.

5. akisayoba

akisayoba New Member

DSTV Support told me the following on their live chat support

Me: On the product page where i bought the device it says that the app is working (Bought from Geewiz)

Ash from Support: Most of the devices are rooted or not google certified so our developers started blocking the device for legal reasons

Attached Files:

6. Marty

Damn, thats almost as bad as having no water in Cape Town

7. akisayoba

akisayoba New Member

Is there still a way to get the DSTV Now app on there?

I also tried casting through the preinstalled casting app Miracast on the device and Samsung Phone using screen mirror app.
    All other apps like youtube plays on phone and tv, except when i play dstv now the video just doesnt load on phone and tv. as soon as i disconnect casting the video starts playing on the phone.

Bewer204 likes this.
  8. Marty

DSTV paranoia!! As Ash from support has stated, they are blocking rooted and none Google certified boxes, the app itself will make the checks and fail to connect if the device does not meet the conditions. You can install an app on your phone like Android Assistant or ES File Explorer to extract the app but I doubt it will make a difference. They can also block mirror casting in the app which they are clearly doing, you need a legend to port the app to bypass all this bollocks.

9. Bewer204

Bewer204 New Member

@akisayoba

Hi, I came across a video on YouTube describing how to install android tv OS on it, can any of you guys try it on your minix u9-H and install dstv now and see if this solves the issue as I know dstv now blocks all android boxes not running Android tv OS

youtu.be/8NTBWRzRhvE

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2018