1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

DTS Audio problems

Discussion in 'NEO X7 Guides & FAQs' started by Andrew, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Andrew

Andrew Member

Hi all,
    I am running a DENON HT receiver off my X7. I recently upgraded the X7 to the latest firmware & also upgraded to Kodi v15. I didnt have the below issue with the older versions.
    Now with a 720p DTS 5.1 file if I leave Passthrough on it continously drops DTS every 2 seconds or so. The DTS indicator on the Denon also goes off for 2secs then comes back on? The result is I miss 2 seconds get the next 2 and so on?
    If I turn off Passthrough I can get "default" PLII Cinema processing of the audio.
    Anyone have any ideas on what the problem might be?
  2. Andrew

Andrew Member

Hi again,
    My problem is with all Digital audio streams. I changed the Sound output setting on the X7 from default to HDMI (that's how I am connected to the Denon HT receiver.
    Made no different and still drops in and out of digital or DTS sound every couple of seconds. :(
  3. Andrew

Andrew Member

RESOLVED! :whistle:
    The Audio settings in Kodi. There is an AC3 Transcoding setting which seems to be required to be set on. Signal appears as Dolby Digital on the receiver and no more drop outs.
    I now recall I had this set with the older Kodi version and will have to remember this for the future.
  4. Andrew

Andrew Member

NOT RESOLVED...... :(
    It seems i was a bit too quick off the mark thinking my issue is resolved.
    I did manage to watch an entire DD movie no problem yesterday but today any DD encoded audio is dropping out every few seconds for a second or so?
    The difference now is that the receiver is not showing the DD being dropped as it was before I activated the AC3 transcoding setting in Kodi which resolved my original issue.
    I have rechecked my Kodi settings which are still the same.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received as this is becoming frustrating.
  5. Andrew

Andrew Member