1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Dual boot CM(Cyanogenmod) 13.0 and Windows 10(Audio and Wi-Fi works)

Discussion in 'NEO Z64 Windows 10/8.1' started by DjBeNI, Oct 15, 2016.

1. saleh

saleh New Member

hello
    Installations :Android-x86 7.1-rc2
    Also audio does not work with TV
    Is it a solution with sound?

2. alopezmar

alopezmar New Member

Hi,
    I am not an advance user so I will appreciate an easy answer or a very nice easy to do tutorial. (Thanks in advance!!)
    I have a MINIX Z64, a XIAOMI MI BOX and NVIDIA Tv Shield. I use the boxes just as media servers (different TVs and a projector) basically with Netflix, Kodi (IPTV and Video Addons for movies) and PLEX. I notice that Windows 10 requires more internet speed than android and even with an ethernet cable the system itself goes slower than Android. That´s the main reason for changing. Apart of simpler user interface with Android.
    I have the minix z64 and I would like to replace windows 10 by Android TV (if possible Oreo 8.0)
    After checking the forum, apparently MINIX does not support the complete change from Win to Android TV. So people is using a dual boot with Android on a USB. I would like to ask if someone is using Android TV OREO on the minix and how to do the setup.
    Thanks a lot in advance

3. mrdannyaitch

mrdannyaitch New Member

I'm having some issues at the grub2win stage if anyone can help.

I've created /android-x86_64-7.1-r2 which booted ok from the USB key and has been installed to an ext3 partition which was formatted ext4 per the original guide, but I can't get it to boot in Windows 10.

using /android-x86_64-7.1-r2 in the boot entry field causes an error in the boot directory name which says it must be alphanumeric (can't see particularly clearly with the colour scheme but I'm assuming it must be the underscore as neither DJbeNI nore Ruim have underscores in their boot directories, and have also tried /android-x86-7.1-r2but I'm stuck now. I would assume that the boot directory must match the name of the version installed? I also tried changing the title to /android-x86 as that is what the bootable USB drive is called in Windows explorer. Anyone help?

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  4. mrdannyaitch

mrdannyaitch New Member

Thought I would update.

I went with the latest CM14 based on 7.1r2. The .iso file comes with built in grub (I may mislead a little here with the terms) that gives you a few seconds to choose which OS you want to boot to. Maybe because it has the built in grub I couldn't get the above instructions regards grub2win to work at all. It's not the end of the world, just doesn't look as nice.

The reason I went for CM14 was simply due to the built in immersive mode, so the nav bar is always hidden unless I move the cursor to expand it.

I cannot get sound over hdmi to work but as we have a soundbar with Bluetooth this makes little difference to me. I will be exploring to see if a .cfg file amendment will fix this in case I want to use the unit somewhere else in the house.

So long and short of things:
    Used the partition wizard mentioned above to delete, then extend partitions to create ~8gb of ext3 space.
    Used Rufus to create the bootable iso
    Installed to ext3, agreed format to ext4, did install grub (as I couldn't get grub2win to work at all, I deleted that first and let any repairs take place).
    Am really pleased with how it went, definitely recommend using a keyboard and mouse.

5. K Abdou

K Abdou New Member

Well, I installed Android x86 7 work fine for me. Then I installed cm 13 and 14, also work fine for me. The problem is I don't get any audio from all of those OSs. I tried Android x86_6, it got audio but it's not stable, it keep freezing.
    I appreciate any help getting the audio on Android 7.
    I'm using the HDMI cable to connect to the TV.

Last edited: May 29, 2018