1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

During the firmware003 instalation the system crashed...

Discussion in 'X8, X8 Plus, X8-H Official Firmware 003' started by Jose Lobo, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Jose Lobo

Jose Lobo New Member

Hi!
    During the instalation of the firmware via the USB burning tool I´ve get the following error:

[18:00:02 521][HUB3-2][Err]--[0x30403003]UBOOT/Partition meson/Download buffer/Data tranfer error

And now I cant start up the minix box...
    How can I do to recovery ny box?
  2. obiwan

obiwan New Member

I have the same problem....
    have you fixed it?
  3. Jose Lobo

Jose Lobo New Member

Not yet... but i ´ve got the solution - I need to flash the 003 fw directly to the minix box.
    This should resolve it!
  4. atomizasser

atomizasser New Member

Hi i have exactly the same problem!!! I've received today and i wanted to update to the last firmware by PC method. In my first try i got the error 0x30403003 and now the box doesn't boot. Any solutions?
  5. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Try reflashing the firmware again.
    Which firmware image are you trying to install and which version of the USB burning tool are you using?
  6. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Please make sure the USB burning tool is the one packed together with the firmware.
  7. Jose Lobo

Jose Lobo New Member

Hi!
    I re-flash directly with the 003Fw and the latest USB burning tool and everything went OK!

Thanks to everybody!
    MINIX - Ken likes this.
  8. Hugo Pereira

Hugo Pereira New Member

How do you Flash directly??
  9. Jose Lobo

Jose Lobo New Member

You will need a USB male to male cable and the OTG cable suplied with your minix box.
    Then you need to install the later USB burning tool in a PC and then follow the directions that you will encounter in the thread about the official 003firmware.
    Its more simple that it looks!
  10. sfo_sc

sfo_sc New Member

So people who use Mac is screwed?