1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Tutorial Enabling passthrough on X8 & X6 series

Discussion in 'X8-H Plus Guides & FAQs' started by MINIX - Ken, May 2, 2015.

1. Marcelo90

Marcelo90 New Member

I just bought and update the box, so i do nothing except install Kodi 15 and try to config the audio...
  2. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member

The minix x8-h plus is perfectly capable of 5.1 output when configured as per my screenshots with kodi 15.2 , so i would propose either you have

a faulty minix box
    incorrect settings
    incompatible / incorrect receiver setup
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  3. Marcelo90

Marcelo90 New Member

Sorry I mean Kodi 15.2. I tried all for sure, but no good results. I think i will leave the 2.0 audio, its the better option I have. My AVR (Creative 5500) its too old, maybe has some wrong compatibility with Minix. Ir doesnt have HDMI, only one optical. But its strange, 4K Player and MX Player show me 5.1 AC3 audio without fails...
  4. Frederick_99

I dont understand what you mean by "4K Player and MX Player show me 5.1 AC3"
    can you post screenshot of how they show you that ?
  5. Marcelo90

Marcelo90 New Member

I mean with 4K Player and MX Player I can hear all videos with 5.1 AC3 source. I have never touched the config os these two, only play the videos, and my AVR blink the Dolby Digital LED, and sounds the effects in all speakers.
    With Kodi, trying all combinations, i have only heard 2.0, two speakers of the front, left and right.
    Free WIng likes this.
  6. Frederick_99

ok, cant see why kodi cant do the same then if you have definitely double checked and set the correct audio settings, as I have said your posted demo file worked absolutely fine for me with the sound coming out the correct channels 1 at a time
  7. Free WIng

Free WIng Member

Same for me!!!
  8. Thomas Yiatras

Thomas Yiatras New Member

I got my box about a week ago, it does not passthrough 5.1 audio with kodi 15.2. I tried several thing to make it work the only way it would work was if I turned off video acceleration, but then video would stutter. I found a version of XBMC that works as they found a fix for it. I am posting their description of the problem, it does fix the passthrough issue but since it is an older version of XBMC the DVD player does not work as well. So I am stuck using 15.2 for DVD play and this version for Blu-Ray playback. I hope you find a fix for this issue soon as I really do like this box.

I'm happy to tell you that we just released a new version of VidOn XBMC which is developed for Minix X8-H Plus.

Why we made a special version for this box? Because you know Minix x8-h plus supports 23.976Hz output, but this feature cannot live with HD audio passthrough, so people who use this box will lose the ability to passthrough HD audio.

In this version, we forced the output to 24Hz so that HD audio passthrough works again.

This is not an official release, just a special version.

This version will change the 23.976Hz to 24Hz output.

This version doesn't have other bugs fixed.

If you have any problems about the HD audio passthrough on Minix x8-h plus, please leave your comment.
  9. Free WIng

Free WIng Member

Where can we downlod the X(H+ release?
    Thaks
  10. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

Free WIng likes this.
  11. Thomas Yiatras

that is not the correct link here it is

forum.vidon.me/index.php?/topic/1595-the-best-vidon-xbmc-on-minix-x8-h-plus-for-download/

This will take you directly to the forum with the download link for the correct file.
    I hope this helps
  12. SamPT

SamPT New Member

Hi all,
    I'm reading through this lost because I'm also stuck in the same shitty situation
    I'm running the latest fw update from fota
    My connection goes directly from the minx to the receiver via optical connection

And in several xbmc flavours the passthrough is not working...but on 4k movie player it works...

My receiver decodes almost every audio format ... So no restrictions from the audio side.

What can I do?... This is really bad
    I have tried the stock minox xbmc, latest kodi, the vidon thing from that link.. Nothing...!
  13. cesarus

cesarus New Member

Hd passthrough working on Vidonme 1.0.0.0.Vidonme 14.2.1 not working for me. But Minix shoud work on minx xbmc. I bouth x7,x8 and over 1 ,5 year I have x8h plus. I want to buy new product when time come for. But if it will bee hard to setup again, I will setup HTPCl
  14. Gessi

Gessi New Member

Can this setting be done from the Google Launcher Settings or must I switch to the Minix launcher firstly?
  15. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

If using a different launcher open the SettingsMbox app from your apps list.
    Gessi likes this.
  16. Gessi

Gessi New Member

Worked flawlessly!
  17. DavideG

DavideG New Member

18. reaklif

reaklif Member

Hello all.

I just purchased a new reciever Onkyo TX NR646. This one can play almost every Dolby codec like TrueHD and Atmos. However, playing the x64 TrueHD file on the Minix using Kodi 16.0 results only in DTS on my reciever.

Does the minix X8-H passthru all the audio or just DTS?
  19. Thomas Yiatras

Try SPMC works on my x8h.
  20. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

After a year I still find this thread extremely useful. :D