1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

ES Explorer, can't click show hidden files

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 002 firmware' started by Deco, Jan 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deco

Deco Active Member

Hi there,

Im happy to say that im another brand new Minix X8-H Plus owner, and first impressions was very good! - but.. and i already regret updating it to the latest firmware since it was working just fine before, but i realized i have to do it sooner or later if i ever wanted to get OTA updates so might as well do it before i spend more time setting things up.

the full erase and flashing went just fine, initial setup same, but when i got to ES file explorer and wanted to checkmark the "show hidden files" it's not possible?? - what changed, i could before the update :(

any ideas on this?

oh yeah btw. my version says KOT49H.20141225 (not 24) and can't find anything in that 1 day difference..

-Deco
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  2. Deco

Deco Active Member

did full restore once more, did not help, turned on developer options, still nothing.

also tried to restore without setting up network, so it would not update ES, in case it was the latest version of that causing the problem.. same.

im not sure if this was it, but after clicking around in settings, getting developer options on again, i cliked android version many times, it showed a big K, and then i could suddently enable "show hidden files" in ES explorer.

not going to try and reproduce it, just happy that it works again, really strange.

-Deco
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.