1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

ETHERNET DOWNLOADING OF OBB files from the Play Store

Discussion in 'Official Firmwares' started by Adam Foreman, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Adam Foreman

Adam Foreman Member

BUG: ETHERNET DOWNLOADING OF OBB files from the Play Store

Started to download some games for my children and myself, however the games won't download if the Play Store shows the Pop Up about the size of the game and requires WiFi to download and you have to click to accept. Smaller games just download and install just fine. However games that require larger files ie to download an OBB file for say Minecraft Story Mode just hangs looking for a WIFI connection ONLY and although it can see the internet for browsing, YouTube, smaller one file APK's, the games requiring OBB's just fail to see a connection.

I'm using the latest version of the U1 firmware ie fw010 and the Play Store version is 7.2.13.J all.

I'm assuming that the WIFI spoofing doesn't work on the latest version of the Play Store

Also, just another piece of information ASPHALT 8 AIRBORNE works perfectly, reason is that it downloads the 60Mb APK and then downloads the extra data after you run the game. So that works fine. It's just games that need OBB's.

Cheers!
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  2. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Just uncheck ''Download using Wi-Fi only'' then click Proceed!

I moved your post from 010 beta firmware thread.
    carlos3210 and Higgs like this.
  3. Adam Foreman

Adam Foreman Member

Is that all the issue is? If true, I'm very happy, so will my boy who is dying to play his Minecraft Story Mode

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
  4. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Yes, I guess faked WiFi doesn't work!
    If you switched to WiFi then it would work and the Play Store wouldn't give you the message any way!