1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

X5 mini Ethernet issues

Discussion in 'NEO X5 mini' started by Mitch, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Mitch

Mitch New Member

Hey guys, I am by no means computer savvy and will need noob level explanations.

I bought the minix neo x5 mini to use just as a media hub and also bought an apple airport express modem to give myself wifi in a small room. Approx 4m x 4m. After buying both of these i noticed that the x5 box says that it has wifi so if it does i would take the airport express back.

Now i have plugged the ethernet cord in and turned it on in the settings. It recognises there is an ethernet cable connected but when i try to use the internet eg. Browser it doesnt load anything.

I have turned the hotspot on and i can connect my phone to the minix but obviously i have the internet issue.

If i turn wifi on and hotspot my phone to the x5 i then have internet. So it seems to be something to do with the ethernet settings. With my laptop the ethernet works but i have to plug and unplug it a few times until it gets to channel 5. I have tried plugging and unplugging the ethernet in and out of the x5 with no luck. The ip address and all the other settings stay the same each time i do it.

MAC
    a0:1e:0b:00:ec:0f

IP Address

Netmask

Gateway

DNS1

DNS2

The firmware is jellybean 4.4.2. Do i need to upgrade the firmware to kitkat 250? One would think that the thing should work straight out of the box.

So in the end how do i get the ethernet to work and Can i use the x5 to give wifi to my phone and laptop if I use an ethernet cord or will i have to use the airport express to give my room wifi?

Sorry for the long question but i wanted to be thorough and clear.

Thanks in advance