1. Official MINIX forum

Ethernet speed

Discussion in 'NEO X7 Guides & FAQs' started by fefo.gautier, Oct 21, 2014.

1. fefo.gautier

fefo.gautier Member Beta Tester

Hi to everyone. Have a 200mb internet connection. The router is connected trough ethernet cable to my x7. The download and upload speed is almost 80mb. My question is if is possible to get more speed from the internal card of the x7. The tecnician who installed the router (optic fiber) told me that this card only accept a speed limit of 100mb...is this correct? Is there any way of improve the speed? Thanks to everyone!
  2. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

No it is about 80Mbit, add 10% network stack on top of it and total will be arround 90 wich is full capacity.
  3. fefo.gautier

Thanks!!!!
  4. fefo.gautier

Thank you, HG. I'm still wandering if this speed limit is due to internal internet card, because if I'm not incorrect this card is b/g/n.
    My son has a Sony laptop and by ethernet connected to same router, he recieves almost 190 mb download and upload speed.
    So, I'm curious about this theme...any ideas?

Send using v975m
  5. se7en

se7en New Member

I have tis qn also.....similarly I am also subscribed to a 200Mbps plan, but the x7 seems to max out at 90+Mbps.....is it cause its not a giga bit card???
  6. fefo.gautier

Probably, Se7en. But we are still waiting for a proper answer.

Send using v975m
  7. se7en

se7en New Member

Hi fefo.gautier, I posted in the main page the same qn.....someone replied the card is a 10/100 :mad:

i am curious if I can then plug in a external gigabit Ethernet port to archive 200+ Mbps speed?
  8. fefo.gautier

Well, you caught me off guard here... I just simply don't know

Send using v975m
  9. fefo.gautier

Anyway, can we change the internet card for another gigabit card?

Enviado desde mi HUAWEI P7-L10 mediante Tapatalk
  10. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

might work.. never tested such thing.
    There is however support for USB ethernet cards tho.. but dont know if it will work..
    fefo.gautier likes this.