1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

External Screen "Swiping"

Discussion in 'NEO C, USB-C Multiport Adapter' started by Matthew Pendlebury, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Matthew Pendlebury

Matthew Pendlebury New Member

Hi, I've got the HDMI version of the adapter and am having a few issues when running an external screen from my 12'' MacBook. Every so often the screen appears to "swipe" from left to right. The whole image just moves off stage left and then comes back again.

Any suggestions please?

Kind regards,

Matt

2. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken Former MINIX Team Member Administrator

Please let us know the operating system that you are using, thanks.

3. Matthew Pendlebury

Matthew Pendlebury New Member

Hi, it's OS X El Capitan 10.11.5

4. MINIX - Ken

@MINIX - John shall contact you to get more details.

5. I'm having the same problem. Please contact me as well. i have the same set up, macbook 12" with OS X El Capitan 10.11.6. If this can't get fixed asap, I'll have to return the item.

6. smirek

smirek New Member

any solution with this ? I already changed the unit but the problem is still here ! No matter what monitor or what cable I use!

7. MINIX - Ken

We have a firmware update utility to update these earlier adapters but the utility requires Windows OS to execute.
    If you don't have such an environment, please contact us and we will provide an updated unit.

8. smirek

smirek New Member

Great! I have windows machine available Where can I download firmware from ?

9. MINIX - Ken

Please send me a private message. Thanks.

10. msjj

msjj New Member

sorry - where was the download link? I don't get sound on the Neo C using hdmi on a macbook 12 current OS. I have a Windows 10 Pro partition. I don't see the link in this post.

11. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

12. smirek

smirek New Member

Why are you asking everyone to send you PM ? Why is not fix on support page already ? Just wasting my time here. What I will definitely spent my time with is describing in eshops how unprofessional is this company is and how the product does not work.

13. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

Why are you wasting your time complaining about the support being offered when you could be actually receiving said support?! :rolleyes:

Send @MINIX - Ken a PM and you will get support! ;)

Or ask for a replacement as already offered!

14. smirek

smirek New Member

Villa, thanks for you reply. I did sent PM to Ken, no reponse. I did sent email to support{at}minix com hk, no response. Official site says go to minix forum, so here I am! Official site says all Firmwares are on forum, but where ? And when I ask for it, I got "write me a PM" with no response ? Oh, come on... If I would know that, I would definitely not buy the adapter and definitely will tell this to everyone who will ask for my experience with the product....

15. MINIX - Ken

I read it, it was sent Friday afternoon after work.
    Today is Monday and I'm here~

16. Mediapedia

Mediapedia New Member

I have waited since last Friday 10:48 AM European Central Time to get a reply on my PM.
    I also need an update to get rid of the swiping HDMI-connected monitor.
    It's hard to understand that a critical firmware update is not posted directly on the web.
    I run a business, I need my equipment working.

17. MINIX - Ken

PM sent, please check, thank you.

18. smirek

smirek New Member

Even the unit replace did not work, FW patch utility failed. Return the item is only solution now.

19. Gareth Law

Gareth Law New Member

Hi Minix-Ken, I am experiencing the same problem as those described in this thread (running macbook with same version of OS-X). Can I have the firmware update please. Screen issue happens several times per hour. Very annoying. Many thanks for your help.

20. smirek

smirek New Member

Hi Gareth, you will need a Windows machine with USB-C and external monitor for at least run run the update App. In my case FW update was not successful.
    I got this:

Here is the firmware:

(sorry, this web dont allow me to post li nk.)

Update Instructions:

1.) Extract it to the same folder;
    2.) Run the .exe while connecting to an external display;
    3.) Choose "Intel" when prompted;
    4.) Press "Get firmware info";
    5.) Select "Download Firmware" with the .hex file contained inside the same folder when extracted;
    6.) Patiently wait for the upgrade to complete.

Attention: Do not unplug the adapter during the upgrade process.