1. Official MINIX forum

Tutorial Fake WiFi - how to trick apps asking for WiFi

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H, X8 Plus & X8 Guides and FAQs' started by adi_tca, Feb 19, 2015.

1. cyran0

cyran0 New Member

AirDroid is one I think.

I did not figure out how to use the stock one that came with my X6 but upgraded it and worked unless I enabled Wifi. No go over ethernet.
  2. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

You have already started your own thread about your problems with this app. Please, there is no need to double your posts!

Also this app does not require WiFi to function as already commented here...
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/help-needed-nbc-sports-live-via-browser.7023/#post-63878

Why do you need to keep going round in circles?

I have asked you a question in your thread but you feel the need to post here something you have already posted!
  3. Villa

But the app does not need to be tricked into thinking you have WiFi when you are connected via ethernet!
    dander1 likes this.
  4. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

We have made this feature working on the coming 007 firmware.
  5. adi_tca

adi_tca Trusted Helper Trusted Helper

Upgraded to 007 FW an hour ago. 1st thing I tested was this new feature, so checked both the ethernet and the new fake WiFi setting: it's working great!!(y)
    The app I tested with is Telekom TV.

Guys, test the new FW with your reported apps asking for WiFi and let us know your feedback.

Great job done Minix team! Big thanks for taking into consideration my feature request!
    sangaz and Higgs like this.
  6. Pablox68

Pablox68 New Member

Hi Ken I have same problem with app Vu+ player HD which want only Wi-Fi connection, I have x8h with the latest firmware 31-08-15 there is solution for this app on ethernet?
  7. Pablox68

Pablox68 New Member

I have find solution in launcher network ethernet I've setting ethernet disguise and now it's alla OK thanks team for this option
  8. Hans-Jürg

Hans-Jürg New Member

It's a shame, that you have to root your device and set it up hanycrafted. I thought the boxes have Ethernet, so hey no problem. And now?
    HEY MINIX: Fix this immediatley. We pay you money for the boxes and the do not do what the have to. I tried now to set up my 2 boxes for hours and - of course - I bricked them :(((
    (OK after hours, they are working again).
    But is is my job as a paying customer to do the job of minix? NO!
  9. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

HEY: what exactly is your issue? You've ranted quite a bit but haven't once said what the problem is.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  10. Pablox68

Pablox68 New Member

Hey you don't need to root the device because the team has modified the firmware now there is an option where you can make a selection. You don't understand the problem it's not of minix but some app of android have not this option.
  11. Hans-Jürg

Hans-Jürg New Member

Well... sorry. After I installed Etherneth specially for my two boxes because of bad WLAN-connection I realised that 99% of the Apps dont work withou WLAN. That made me angry. Why Minix sells boxes that dont work with Ethernet? (I know, it's Android...). I tried to root the boxes and after I bricked them, I had a lot of frustration work to bring them back to life.
    Now I read, that I dont have to root them?
    Where can I find the option that you mentioned, Pablox68?
  12. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

@Pablox68 lox68 said it was in modified firmware, take a look http://www.minixforum.com/threads/x8-x8-plus-x8-h-official-firmware-007-20150831.7428/
  13. Villa

SettingsMbox, Network...
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/new-update-just-got-pushed-to-box-31-08-15.7343/#post-66135
    Frederick_99 likes this.
  14. Hans-Jürg

Hans-Jürg New Member

Well now I see my mistake: I startet at this http://www.minixforum.com/threads/fake-wifi-how-to-trick-apps-asking-for-wifi.4361/
    and at the end I ended here. What I didnt realise, that for my 2 Boxes (X8-H Plus and the X6) does not exist a firmware that allows me to fake WiFi :(

So I'm back to start. So I will write my question in the x6- and the X8-H Plus-Forum... hopefully Minix brings very quick a new firmware. After I failed to root my boxes I never try this again.

If I was anoying someone her in tthis forum: my deepliest apogolize (also for my bad english too)
  15. Higgs

Didn't you read the post above yours? The option is there in the latest firmware for all the x8 models.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    vn800art likes this.
  16. Hans-Jürg

Hans-Jürg New Member

hmm...
    In the threat about this firmware it's written: *(Please note that this firmware does NOT work with X8-H PLUS - different CPU/ wireless chipset)"
    For me that means, that for my X8-H PLUS this option doesn't exist (also not for my other box - a X6).

An if for the X8-H PLUS this option exists, where do I find it and can activate it? I don't see any option in the configuration.
  17. Villa

For the second time as @Higgs pointed out, did you not read Post#33 above ?!

Go to the link and all will be revealed! ;)
  18. Higgs

Note: You need the latest firmware for the X8-H Plus - http://www.minixforum.com/threads/official-x8-h-plus-007-firmware-20150831.7420/
  19. Hans-Jürg

Hans-Jürg New Member

I read #33. I dont have this box to check.

When I try to update the firmware (OTA), I get tge message, that my firmware is up to date.

So I will try to update manually this evening.

(BTW: for my other Box X6 it looks like there is no sokution yet. But for this I'm in the wrong forum)
  20. Villa

Earlier you said you had bricked your device and now it was working again. One would assume to get it working again you would have flashed the latest firmware! ;)