1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Firmware version verification

Discussion in 'NEO X7 mini Official Firmware Releases' started by mchp92, Aug 4, 2016.

1. mchp92

mchp92 Active Member

Hi all
    I just got another minix box in, an x7mini (i already run an x8h+ at home). The x8 has a nice screen for firmware version check and update. Cant seem to find this on the x7. Where in settings do i check currwnt version and maybe do an update?
    Thanks
  2. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

Settings, About

How to update will depend on current firmware installed!
  3. mchp92

mchp92 Active Member

Is this most recent?
    [​IMG]
  4. Villa

5. mchp92

mchp92 Active Member

Do i have to flash using the manual paperclip-in-the-tiny hole method?

What is the quickest way to work up to latest firmware?
  6. Villa

Yes, you have to flash a full system image!
    See above - How to...
  7. mchp92

mchp92 Active Member

Thanks
    Will spend some time on it soon...
    Prob after my hols; gona take my Minix box to my gîte in France and maybe watch a movie or two if its raining. Hurray for XBMC. Will reflash after that
    Thanks @Villa!
  8. Villa

Not raining here! 38C in the shade today! Toooooo HOT !!! :barefoot:
    We've just come indoors, after sitting outside for our evening meal, to a rather hot house, 30C . Its nice and windy outside so quite cooling even though it is a warm wind. Still, you may be right, it will probably rain in France while your there! I do hope it won't! Have a nice holiday! :)
  9. mchp92

mchp92 Active Member

Thanks
    Will manage in France. Am sure food and wine will be top ☀️☀️
    Villa likes this.
  10. mchp92

mchp92 Active Member

So if i follow those guidelines i will have upgraded to the current / latest version in one foul swoop? There is no need to traverse through X incremental updates?
  11. Villa

That is correct! (y)
  12. mchp92

mchp92 Active Member

Thanks. All the family is away tonite, so that gives me some quite time to reflash my box.
  13. mchp92

mchp92 Active Member

That whole procedure doesnt seem to work. Am not getting my box into flash mode.

1) the first vid of the link you refer to, is about the X7.
    2) the second vid seems to cover the x7mini; quite a bad vid, but am trying to follow whats in there (what the hell is this guy doing browsing thru dialogs not making a single comment?!?).

I did several attempts (after downloading the rar file):
    i) run batch tool, do paperclip procedure (box off, insert paperclip, power on, hold clip 10sec, release paperclip) -> no flash mode
    ii) run the driver assistant to mayube get some drivers (why the hell is nothing written about this software!?!), procedure as (i) -> no flash mode
    iii) did the registry stuff for win10, back to procedure (i) -> no flash mode
    iv) reboot pc, do (i) -> no flash mode

my Q is: what do i need to do EXACTLY to get the frigging box into flash mode?!?!?
  14. Villa

Here's another video...

15. mchp92

mchp92 Active Member

Ok thx will try that later
    I am on windows 10, this vid is 7 or 8. Anythg special i need to do extra?
  16. Villa

Yes, you will.probably need to do this...
    See "Hint: For Win 10 users :" in the How to link.

You said this, iii) did the registry stuff for win10, so I expect you did that already?!
  17. mchp92

mchp92 Active Member

Yes i did that bit as well