1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

FAQ First steps with the U1 ...

Discussion in 'NEO U1 Guides & FAQs' started by newbie99, May 5, 2016.

1. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

I use Kodi v16.1 installed from the Play Store and I have no issues!
    I believe if you use and want passthrough to function correctly you need to use MINIX XBMC.
  2. newbie99

newbie99 Moderator Moderator

Alpha 4 has a lot of problems so definitely uninstall it...

Yes, these three variants are completely independent...
  3. StevyG

StevyG New Member

Great questions for newbies, I would like to see the answer too I am concerned as to operation and speed with several version loaded on the U1 and what you can and cannot do?
    Burgo likes this.
  4. newbie99

newbie99 Moderator Moderator

Are you talking about the different KODI-Forks installed at the same time?
    Why should it have any effect on the performance? Install at the same time doesn't mean running at the same time...
    If you want to use HD audio at passthrough then you should take/use the MINIX XBMC... (everything else look at post #1).
    Everything else is up to you and/or the add-ons/skin you want to use (not every one works at every version of KODI).
  5. StevyG

StevyG New Member

I agree installed does not mean run at the same time and that would not be my intention, as a newbie I assume that when I exit Minix XMBC and its addons and start KODI and the add on I have installed there that only one version is running. What I have noticed is that when I run my cable tv signal through my AV receiver I get full 7.1 AUDIO channels as my sub woofer see the audio and auto turns on. Bit when streaming from Minix U1 it does not. Logic says it is the streaming signal/app or my setting for the minix and the Minix XBMC that is the issue. Any ideas?.

For newbies it would be good to have a settings guide based on what you are using the Minix for especially with the audio signal issues and differnt types of receivers that there seem to be multiple threads on. As a newbie after reading all the different threads it can be quite confusing. For instance there could be sections on 5.1, 7.1 channel receivers and what setting you should be using?

The same for setting up a VPN would be good?

Any way keep up the feedback the newbies will get there eventually despite what may at times seem to be dumb questions.
  6. Tony29

Tony29 New Member

Please Minix U1 working DTS and DD 5.1 fo r speakers Logitech Z-5500?
  7. StevyG

StevyG New Member

I have good success using the basic setting index from WIKIpedia in setting up my AV receiver and 5.1 channels in the minix and KODI setting. It would seem that in using just the basic KODI setting form here that the source determines if I can get full surround sound with the woofer responding. At least for TV series it seem to be working and I am monitoring what happens with Movies.

By the way I have Minix version of Kodi, Kodi, and SPMC loaded on the U1 and as the moderator indicated no issues with performance as you are only ever running one version at a time.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  8. ChaosU

ChaosU New Member

This OTA Update don't work for me. I have tried it with WiFi and wired but i just don't download... I clicked check for Update it says there is an update i click Update and the it takes a little minut and it fails.. The i can pick try again og close.... I had same problem when i updated it to Update 10. I was forced to use the cable and my pc... Why can't i get OTA to work?

Sendt fra min ONEPLUS A3003 med Tapatalk
  9. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Try clearing the Update app cache and data.
    If that still doesn't work then use the usb zip update package. You don't need to connect the box to your PC for this.

USB.zip update package:
    http://www.minixforum.com/downloads/download.php?file=U1_FW011.zip
    MD5 checksum: 9FB26C885714238B442249317C047C1F

USB .zip update guide:

http://www.minixforum.com/threads/how-to-use-the-usb-zip-update-method-x6-x8-series.6828/
  10. ChaosU

ChaosU New Member

How do i do this? "Try clearing the Update app cache and data."

Sendt fra min ONEPLUS A3003 med Tapatalk
  11. Villa

Settings, Apps, System app, Scroll to System update and select it. Select Clear data/ Clear cache...

Screenshot_2017-02-23-18-55-41.png
    sidsilver likes this.
  12. David Stacey

David Stacey New Member

Sorry, but most of this is beyond my understanding. I recently did a factory reset because of all the error messages and installed Kodi 17.4 which was easy. I only use what Minix makes available. I hit the update for Android etc and was told I was up to date. I have Covenant installed. Now if only Ares would get its act together so I could install the Ares Wizard! (Even their own site gives URLs that don't work!)
  13. David Stacey

David Stacey New Member

Does this mean that the MINIX Update is useless by just clicking it? (You have to do other things before clicking it)
  14. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

System updates have nothing to do with third party software like the ones you have mention ! ..... third party software are not supported here !o_O...... System Update is for the System , hence the name !
    http://minix.com.hk/en/support
  15. David Stacey

David Stacey New Member

So I take it the answer to my question #33 above is "Yes"? =Clear Cach and Data then hit "update?
  16. Villa

http://ares-repo.eu
  17. Villa

Use the System Update app to check for updates. There is no need to do anything else unless you have issues with an update!