1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Tutorial Fix A2 & A2 Lite back button in XBMC

Discussion in 'NEO A3, A2 Lite Airmouse' started by Michael Farrugia, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Michael Farrugia

Michael Farrugia New Member

Here is a keymap xml for the A2 & A2 Lite that fixes the back button taking you back to the home screen instead of just one folder up.
    You need to copy it to your keymaps folder in:
    Android/data/hk.minix.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps
    Reboot XBMC and you should now be able to browse normally.

<keymap>
    <global>
    <keyboard>
    <backspace>Back</backspace>
    <key id='61467'>Back</key>
    </keyboard>
    </global>
    <FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard>
    <backspace>Back</backspace>
    </keyboard>
    </FullscreenVideo>
    </keymap>

Keymap changed to make both video playback continue playback when you press back and the one step back when you press back

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  2. nchunky

nchunky Member

Can you use this kind of file to reprogram other buttons aswell? Maybe the button on the right of the one mentioned in this thread? I'd like that one to take me to the xbmc home screen.
  3. Michael Farrugia

Yes you can reprogram any button as long as you find the key id for the button you want to reprogram.
    nchunky likes this.
  4. nchunky

nchunky Member

Maybe a n00b question but where can I find the key id's and corresponding actions?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Jeannie O likes this.
  5. Michael Farrugia

That is the main problem to find the key id i used the addon in xbmc key mapper but i think your case is different since the button you are talking about is like a left click on the airmouse.
    nchunky likes this.
  6. Gh0st

Gh0st Australia's Finest Since 1981 Administrator

Yeah I think it's the enter button
  7. nchunky

nchunky Member

I think so, it's also an arrow pointing left. I always use the Ok/'Android guy' button for enter/ok so this button is just sitting there...

8. Michael Farrugia

Yes thats like a left click for the airmouse
  9. nchunky

nchunky Member

The fix works for me. Only the back button though, haven't tried other buttons yet.

10. 850

850 New Member

Great! Thanks for posting this. How can i get the rewind/fast forward buttons to work?
  11. nchunky

nchunky Member

Is there a tutorial on how to find out the buttons and commands? I would like to reprogram more buttons on my A2. In return I can try to make a list so others can reprogram any button aswell.

12. 850

850 New Member

Is it possible to program long presses for any button? I would like the play/pause button to become "stop" with a long press.
    andymnc and nchunky like this.
  13. sharpcroft

sharpcroft New Member

Does the minix need to be rooted for this? I cannot find the specified file / path on my standard Neo X8
  14. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

It doesn't need to be rooted, but you need to enable 'show hidden files/folders' in your file manager.
  15. Higgs

This might help - http://kodi.wiki/view/Keymap
    sangaz and nchunky like this.
  16. sharpcroft

sharpcroft New Member

It appears that the file location on Kodi is different, i eventually found the keymaps folder by searching around via my laptop and windows explorer.

Are you saying that without rooting and using something like ES file explorer on the actual minix i could have done the same?
  17. Higgs

Yes, you just need to enable 'show hidden folders' in ES File Explorer.
    The path will be slightly different depending on the version of xbmc. The part I marked in red will be different but the rest will be the same;
    Android/data/hk.minix.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps
  18. Repooc

Repooc New Member

My first post here... just wanted say say THANKS for everyone's post in this thread, especially the OP who uploaded the .xml file. I copied it into the specified folder and the return key functions EXACTLY like I wanted it to. Cheers!
  19. desolator

desolator New Member

Thanks, you saved my day!:)
  20. DandT40

DandT40 New Member

This fix worked like a charm!! Thank you very much!