1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

BUG!! Flash Player not play .-(

Discussion in 'NEO U1' started by Zdenda85, Aug 7, 2016.

1. moopage

moopage Member

Ken if Firfox work and have both sound and picture is ok.
    Did it already work fine?
    Should wait for next OTA update right?
  2. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

FW010.
  3. moopage

moopage Member

Nice!!!(y)
    Anyway, I just upload video test on firefox that show loading page normal but when it finish buffer it show no video but only sound. Just gor you reference.

And I have a question to any firend here who using firefox.
    Do you have problem in scrolling down the page. As firefox can't scroll down page with using minix air remote or normal down botton.
  4. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

I went back to v47.0 airmouse swipe up 'n down works!
    Latest v48.0 Page Up/Page Down works but nothing else. Airmouse swipe up 'n down highlights text. o_O
  5. moopage

moopage Member

What is v47.0? Driver?
    How can I check what is my version?

Ken do you try browser called flashfox?
    Seem this one work for airmouse but its app just keep crash. And have same problem of showing flash with only video.
    Seem its base program is firefox but include flash inside.
  6. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Firefox app version 47.0 !
    moopage likes this.
  7. moopage

moopage Member

Thank you Villa I try version 47.0 already and its work for scrolling. Nice.
    Now just wait for MinixU1FW010 for Ken!Yeah!
    MINIX - Ken likes this.
  8. moopage

moopage Member

Any update or when new firmware 010 will arrive^^
    kingsizept likes this.
  9. moopage

moopage Member

Ken and Villa I just found new infomation to share I just try move minix u1 to my samsung 21:9 monitor and just accidently saw result like this attach video

Setting>display>screen position
    I set zoom out screen more to 80% then can saw more video but can still picture is behind the whole browser app that open and even behind whole android start up screen.

This situation is not happen on my android Samsung Note4 firefox.
    [​IMG]

Maybe it because browser itsself have some compattible on MinixU1 so please no need to stick on firefox. Just try whatever browser that can make it show video smooth on top of browser as it should be is already perfect.

Thank you for devote time to help fixing this issue.

I think maybe this may help you figure out some inforemation to slove this problem in FW010.
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  10. moopage

moopage Member

Update other monitor also can got same result like above so the size of monitor is not issue.
    If set zoom out screen size at 80% then will see result like this.

So maybe compatible of firefox with minix U1 is the issue that it show flash video in background of app itself.
    The sound and video is smooth.

Just hope Ken can figure out to switch it show video in the top in FW010.

I can't find other app can run flash plugin smooth like this at all.
  11. Gabry

Gabry New Member

Hello Minix Ken,

Recently I bought the Minix Neo U1 and
    I have the same problem that our member moopage and others:
    "Yes I tried Puffin is work but flash through Puffin video quality is not clear and beautiful like play on real flash player on dolphin."

I tried every flash browsers called "flash" and unfortunately the result is bad (Opera, Dolphyn, FlashFox Pro v44 etc...) only works with Puffin 4.8 but is not the same quality video than my Note 3 (with Android Kitkat 4.4.2 and with Flash Adobe), is less though configure the maximum quality...ahh I installed Adobe Flash v11.1 ics of course the last update for Android.

The question is: Are there any solution at the moment for resolve that problem?
    Or your team is find still some solution (I wait not close the issue).
    I'm very happy with the device but this feature is very important for me.
    The URL or link that I like so much play is:
    grupovaughan com vaughan-tv

P.s I'm sorry for me bad English, and my only purpose for write the URL is only for analysis for yours if you want after we can erased that URL.
    Thank you very much, I hope hear from you soon.

Regards,

Gabry
    lubomir.michale likes this.
  12. newbie99

newbie99 Moderator Moderator

If I'm not wrong flash at 4.x and 5.x are different stories.

If you write 'I installed Adobe Flash v11.1 ics' does it mean at the Note 3 or at the U1 http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-7-2013/general/flash-player-android-5-0-lollipop-t2948356 ?

btw: 'Puffin Browser supports the latest Flash Engine over the cloud' (https://www.puffinbrowser.com/) which means the decoding doesn't happen at the device (e.g. the U1) but somewhere at the cloud at the internet and you will get the output (no idea in whichever format) and I think that's the reason why you will get less quality...
  13. Gabry

Gabry New Member

Hi newbie99, thanks for your soon answer.

My Adobe Flash v11.1 ics was download for U1 ... anyway I downloaded again your purpose and nothing ...
    I configured active plugin always in Firefox v.50 (the last) and the difference for "install_flash_player_ics.apk" is my version 11.1.115.54 and from XDA is 11.1.115.81.
    The error is the next:

Error loading media:
    File could not be played

Please try to play my URL... for test and for find perhaps some solution on the future.
    Thank you very much for your help... but the result is always the same I can't play my website for leaning English by streaming :-(
    Regards,

Gabry
  14. Gabry

Gabry New Member

Anyone can answer about if possible change the FW (firmware) from Minix Neo
    MINIX Neo X8-H Plus to Minix Neo U1 ??

Or another hands, is possible downgrade Android 5.1 to 4.4, this way I think I could have support to watch any website with adobe flash. If not possible I know something, I'll be must unfortunately to return the device...because for me is very important that issue.

P.s Are there any device Minix with Flash Support with Android SO.

Thank you very much and I hope let me know soon.

Gabry
  15. newbie99

newbie99 Moderator Moderator

No, you can't use another fw at the U1...
    You wrote "Note 3 (with Android Kitkat 4.4.2 and with Flash Adobe)" is ok... so what's about the idea to mirror the scrren to the U1 (I have no idea if it will work because never uesed something like this)?
  16. Gabry

Gabry New Member

Hi newbie99, yes is very good idea mirror but I test that way "mirror" of two ways, transfer from MAC (Airparrot 2) and its OK but neither have a natural resolution... :-( and for last test with mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 "mirror" but don't like so much but I have a new idea: Mirror with Dolphin so with Puffin is a low resolution (good for mobile but not for a 60" TV screen).
    After explain the result...

Thanks for your tips !!!
    Edit: Nothing I tried all and with App Allcast almost play the URL... but finally is stopped (the mirror works but not for that website with video streaming, with Youtube perfect).

Gabry
  17. skazza

skazza Member

Hi all,
    when a try to watch any mp4 video the following massage appears :"video cannot be played because file is corrupt".
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  18. Wishmasterflo

Wishmasterflo New Member

I am trying to get the Flash Player working on my Neo U1 (latest Firmware from 20170629)

I have downloaded the Flash Player for Android and tried to get it to work but no luck.
    Both with Firefox and Dolphin.
    When I go to the settings on my U1 and then to "Flash Player settings" and try to open these with Firefox or Dolphin I just get the error "The page can not be displayed".

Any idea how to get this to work?