1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Tutorial Flash X8-H Plus Firmware from sd card using BurnCardMaker

Discussion in 'X8-H Plus Guides & FAQs' started by Grippy Man, May 29, 2017.

1. unknownz

unknownz New Member

http://minixforum.com/threads/x8-h-plus-lollipop-rc2-firmware-july-2017.16633/page-35#post-136753
    anyone encounter the same issue as described in the above mentioned post?
    to note, i am using the burn card maker posted in this thread to create the sd card

[EDIT] issue was resolved by doing a factory reset first before flashing the new firmware. hope this helps for anyone with similar issue
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  2. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Active Member

Making sd card ready for upgrading is the easiest part but to get into boot from sd is something you have follow proper combination of buttons. Follow each step and also go through other feedback you have got in trouble in booting this from sd.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
  3. unityplanet

unityplanet New Member

I made a USD flash as suggested with 3 files inside.
    I pressed recovery button and was holding until boot menu appeared.
    Nothing started automatically. Files were not accepted as bot from EXT flash...
  4. unityplanet

unityplanet New Member

Hello, I did image and have the following files on my SD card. Are they correct?
    [​IMG]
  5. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

I moved your post here!
  6. unityplanet

unityplanet New Member

Sounds good, but no feedback yet...
  7. dirkdiggler

dirkdiggler Member

Yes, that is correct

*** the ONE thing that is missing from the instructions is it will NOT work unless you first do the factory reset/wipe ***
    After you do a factory reset/wipe, then the instructions work perfectly.
  8. unityplanet

unityplanet New Member

Hi, I did factory reset as suggested. Again, no move...
    I need to hold recovery button, then press quickly power button until I see blue blink and in seconds the blue light will appear and I will see MINIX logo whilst still holding Recovery button, right?
  9. rks53

rks53 New Member

Thanks for the instructions, Grippy Man! I finally decided to upgrade to Lollipop and Burning Tool crapped out at 5% and messed up my box. Burn Card Maker got me back up and running!
  10. resdoggie

resdoggie New Member

Thanks, Grippy! Worked like a charm on my two boxes. Took about 10 minutes or so for each. Well done!
  11. dartmango

dartmango New Member

Would the SD card method work the same with a thumb drive?
  12. dartmango

dartmango New Member

I ask these silly questions because of where I live. I almost need a dog sled team to get into town sometimes. So I try doing things to the best of my ability before I have to go ice road trucking.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  13. Kon

Kon New Member

APPLY UPDATE FROM EXT then Enter to update from usb