1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Flashing new firmware to Neo X8-H Plus

Discussion in 'Beta Firmwares' started by Benigno, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Benigno

Benigno New Member

I'm a newby and find this talk of firmware flashing confusing. If this new Minix is blessed with FOTA, why should I manually install it. Please, help me to understand. My Minix' Kernel version is: 3.10.33; root @User-desktop#1; Sat Nov 22 14:23:25; Build No CST 2014; KOT49H.20141122 relwase keys. Only yesterday, I looked up 'Setup Update' and it informed it is up to date, last update 21 Nov. Should I install this new beta firmware?
  2. morrk

morrk Member

3. Benigno

Benigno New Member

Thank you, Morrk, I'm obliged. May you show me the method I use to flash or install it. I'm very green in IT. When I tried to connect Minix to Windows PC, I failed. How do I manaage with the usb stick method?
  4. morrk

morrk Member

5. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

6. Benigno

Benigno New Member

Thank you again, Villa. You are so helpful
  7. sambit

sambit New Member

I am facing a peculiar problem after the update, recently the Google APP store won't open, when the network connection is in Ethernet & Eth Disguised as WiFi mode, working fine in Wifi Mode, is it a glitch in software or there is some hardware issues?
  8. Villa

Try clearing the Play Store app cache and data.
  9. sambit

sambit New Member

I tried it, it works once the app data & the cache is removed. But the error comes back after some time or after a restart.
  10. Villa