1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Flashing new firmware to Neo X8-H Plus

Discussion in 'Beta Firmwares' started by Benigno, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Benigno

Benigno New Member

I'm a newby and find this talk of firmware flashing confusing. If this new Minix is blessed with FOTA, why should I manually install it. Please, help me to understand. My Minix' Kernel version is: 3.10.33; root @User-desktop#1; Sat Nov 22 14:23:25; Build No CST 2014; KOT49H.20141122 relwase keys. Only yesterday, I looked up 'Setup Update' and it informed it is up to date, last update 21 Nov. Should I install this new beta firmware?
  2. morrk

morrk Member

3. Benigno

Benigno New Member

Thank you, Morrk, I'm obliged. May you show me the method I use to flash or install it. I'm very green in IT. When I tried to connect Minix to Windows PC, I failed. How do I manaage with the usb stick method?
  4. morrk

morrk Member

5. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

6. Benigno

Benigno New Member

Thank you again, Villa. You are so helpful
  7. sambit

sambit New Member

I am facing a peculiar problem after the update, recently the Google APP store won't open, when the network connection is in Ethernet & Eth Disguised as WiFi mode, working fine in Wifi Mode, is it a glitch in software or there is some hardware issues?
  8. Villa

Try clearing the Play Store app cache and data.
  9. sambit

sambit New Member

I tried it, it works once the app data & the cache is removed. But the error comes back after some time or after a restart.
  10. Villa