1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Forum Register fail

Discussion in 'MINIX Requests & Wishes' started by the0bone, Apr 9, 2017.

1. the0bone

the0bone Member

Hi,
    I have just been asked by a YouTube Viewer of my channel, how to register here?
    And he is right!

If you are not logged in, the "Sign up now" button an the right is grey and not a link.

Fruther he wrote: "A server error occurred. Please try again later."
  2. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

@Gh0st Can you look at the "Sign up now" button
    In the meantime your viewer can use "Log in or Sign up" link at the top right, then select "No, create an account now"

upload_2017-4-9_21-12-47.png
  3. Gh0st

Gh0st Australia's Finest Since 1981 Administrator

I was not ever aware of that button sorry, I had always used the method @Higgs pointed out on Xenforo forums like ours.

Unfortunately I believe it may be the same problem as a few of our buttons @Higgs (not to mention Mod tools). I'd say if you changed the theme it would probably work.
    Again unfortunately that out of my 'jurisdiction' and likely will never get fixed
  4. the0bone

the0bone Member

But if he do that, "A server error occurred. Please try again later."
  5. Gh0st

I just tried it and it worked for me. What browser is he using, can he try a different one?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
  6. the0bone

the0bone Member

I also tried and error.

Not login. Create a new account.
    Fill out all needed fields, Captcha and agree and "Sign Up" and this side is coming.
    error.png

Tested at work with Windows 10 and Chrome.
    Screenshot at home with MacOS and Safari.
  7. Gh0st

Thanks for the heads up, I've escalated the issue and hopefully it gets resolved quickly
  8. Gh0st

@the0bone if you could message me with the persons email address and username they would like I will create an account manually for them with a temp password that they can change once logged in.
    the0bone likes this.
  9. Einsiedler

Einsiedler New Member

Hi all,

Many thx to John, he created an Account for me, now here i am finally :) Thx @the0bone for ur help too!

(Btw the sign up is still getting Server error)
    the0bone likes this.
  10. the0bone

the0bone Member

The issue still exist.